Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Public Service Announcement: Flights to Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Does that include the fee for your carry on bag (bags)?
    I'm assuming you and Mrs. Camdenyard aren't going down there with at least not having one carry on bag between the two of you.
    Unless of course the two of you are wearing the same clothes for 4 days.
    No, no bag fee included. We'll likely take one checked bag between us. So that will add $50.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Our hotel mates that set up the hotel are going out of Reagan. He got pretty rates out of there but isn't getting there on thursday until like 7:30 and is flying out at around 7:30 am.
    I pinged him because he wasn't aware.
    I'd imagine the masses will be heading to Reagan soon enough.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Flights out of Reagan are still very cheap if you don't mind driving to DC and dealing with that mess.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Southwest does not have a fare sale right now. Wait a few days/weeks. They'll have a fare sale and you can get a decent discount.

I'm a little perturbed that the November schedule doesn't mirror the months leading up to it with a return flight from DAL-BWI at 740 PM. That would be perfect to be able to fly home same day. The nonstop remaining in the afternoon is at 5:40. Now I do realize the game is at noon in Arlington but getting back to Love Field in time to make a 5:40 flight is not to appealing, especially with the current state of affairs with the TSA.

I might make the trip-- hop, skip and jump.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I might make the trip-- hop, skip and jump.
    If you do, please bring some Abita Amber and Dixie beers for the pre-game activities.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Southwest does not have a fare sale right now. Wait a few days/weeks. They'll have a fare sale and you can get a decent discount.
    Can I get a credit back on my credit card for a price drop?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Can I get a credit back on my credit card for a price drop?
    Not on Wanna Get Away fares. However, the excess can be applied to any Southwest ticket you buy withinn a year of the date which you purchased it.

You are getting a lot higher number than I got, which was about $260 r/t apiece before I padded it with the optional early booking fee. The best prices I could find for Saturday - Monday were $338 (Philly), $351 (Reagan) and $351 (BWI). The legacy airlines offer fares under $300, but they also charge for luggage and other rip-offs. That's probably as good as you can get considering Sautrday fares are usually lower and you want to leave Dallas early in the week to beat Thanksgiving traffic.

A quicker way to find the best fares with Southwest would be to use their Flexible Fare Finder, which shows the lowest fare to any destination at any date. If you need help finding and manipulating it, call me.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Good thing about being in ATL. Fares are pretty reasonable across carriers since this is a SW and Delta hub. The hotel was the expensive part. It sucks though that this game backs up against Thanksgiving. I may fly from ATL to DFW to BMore and then back. See you in Texas.
    "The Ravens could employ a war criminal and they would treat him like a f**king prince just because the rest of the world disapproved."

New Southwest sale just popped into my email inbox. You can still get Thursday - Monday r/t BWI-DFW for $299.