Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 490
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    28,723
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT - NBA Playoffs



    Was hoping for a better game 7 yesterday but didn't get it.

    I think Cleveland takes the east without a lot of problem, maybe it goes 6.

    OKC has some young talent and they could put up a fight. But they'll probably have to go small and that will be the death of them. They may extend it to 6 or 7 games but I don't see them beating GS
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  2. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16,141

    Re: OT - NBA Playoffs

    Wow I did not see OKC taking game 1 that's for sure.

    The Warriors got bullied in the post


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  3. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,535

    Re: OT - NBA Playoffs

    I expected OKC to bring it in this series after they took out the Spurs. When it's not just Westbrook and Durant show they can beat anyone.

    Curry has been hurt, but Golden State didn't look all that impressive against an inexperienced Portland team last round.





  4. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,238
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT - NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Wow I did not see OKC taking game 1 that's for sure.

    The Warriors got bullied in the post


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    they put up the strong defensive effort I thought theyd need to in order to win. Now its just about consistency, which I think is a problem for them. They long and athletic enough to give them all problems. they seem pretty focused, so game 2 will tell me a lot about how this series is going to go.
    -JAB





  5. #29

    Re: OT - NBA Playoffs

    That was impressive by OKC, didn't expect that game to go that way at all.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.





  6. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16,141

    Re: OT - NBA Playoffs

    I feel like the defense OKC played last night is not going ot be sustainable.

    I can't wrap my head around GS losing 4 games lol
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  7. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,238
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT - NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I feel like the defense OKC played last night is not going ot be sustainable.

    I can't wrap my head around GS losing 4 games lol
    theyre not as good as their record, imo.

    I believe the regular season is watered down because the bottom of the NBA is so bad compared to previous eras. The warriors arent as good as their regular season record for that reason, imo. that said, they win the championship (again) and I think that means that much more because the 4 teams or so at the top are that much better than previous eras. These super teams with 3 plus stars or 2 superstars, really have changed the value of playoff vs regular season wins.
    -JAB





  8. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16,141

    Re: OT - NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    theyre not as good as their record, imo.

    I believe the regular season is watered down because the bottom of the NBA is so bad compared to previous eras. The warriors arent as good as their regular season record for that reason, imo. that said, they win the championship (again) and I think that means that much more because the 4 teams or so at the top are that much better than previous eras. These super teams with 3 plus stars or 2 superstars, really have changed the value of playoff vs regular season wins.
    It's interesting you say that.

    I was having a conversation on the weekend about the difference between the NHL and NBA.

    If you look at the NHL standings it's extremely close. From last place to first place, it wasn't astronomical. In the NBA it's completely the two extremes.

    I agree with you there. It's always the same teams going deep in the playoffs.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  9. #33

    Re: OT - NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    theyre not as good as their record, imo.

    I believe the regular season is watered down because the bottom of the NBA is so bad compared to previous eras. The warriors arent as good as their regular season record for that reason, imo. that said, they win the championship (again) and I think that means that much more because the 4 teams or so at the top are that much better than previous eras. These super teams with 3 plus stars or 2 superstars, really have changed the value of playoff vs regular season wins.
    That's just not true. There were super teams in the 80's and 90's and just as many bad teams. In the 90s, 29% of the teams won less than 40% of their games. During the last 5 seasons, 28% won less than 40%. Basically the same percentage of bad teams. Conversely, 31% of the teams in the 90s won over 60% of their games compared to only 28% of the last 5 years. Basically the same ratio of good to poor teams. Only 3 teams won championships in the 90's.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Winston Churchill





  10. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    28,723
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT - NBA Playoffs

    This afternoon, Mutombo tweeted congrats to the 76ers for winning the lottery... Then he deleted it. Well the 76ers just won the top pick. Conspiracy theories?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  11. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    24,039
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT - NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This afternoon, Mutombo tweeted congrats to the 76ers for winning the lottery... Then he deleted it. Well the 76ers just won the top pick. Conspiracy theories?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mutombo is wagging his finger at your right now.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  12. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16,141

    Re: OT - NBA Playoffs

    Bad night for Toronto sports. Wuh
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland