Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The new/young QB.....

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    How about Next Season we move to a TRUE dual Head Coach System... Rex Ryan and Mike Martz ,or AL Saunders
    Al Saunders??????

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    It's good to know most fans around town have little or no faith in Brian Billick or his system at this point. I don't have much confidence in any Raven QB at this point but will admit each [although McNair looks finished] would benefit from a different system. How much is open for debate.
    The team should be willing to try anything at this point. While Boller and McNair are clearly not the answer to the teams current woes, I am sure either of them could benifit from some changes. I am not necessarily writing McNair off as completely done. Sure, his arm strength is suspect and he appears injury prone, but watching some of the other vets in the league that were written off as finito come back and do some great things, it would be silly to say he is completely finished.

Boller has a cannon but lacks control. Not too much can be done to fix that outside of just trying to work it out. A little extra protection would help a bit. Receivers getting some separation would help too.

Would a superstar QB help out... hell yeah! Are we going to get one anytime soon? I doubt it. So for the time being, we need to work with what we got. We need to develop a line than can compliment each QB's strengths.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Al Saunders??????
    What's worng with Al Saunders? Led one of the better Offeces for a half dozen years with an average QB, a pair of Grezt RB's, a HOF TE and CFL receivers. They had a good line as well, btu they ran a good mix of plays that kept people guessig. Now ehe's moved on to WAS where he is turning Campbell into more then a solid pro.

This team needs so much help it isn't even funny. Unfortunately, I don't think we are going to see all of the wholesale changes needed to be made in the off season. Billick will probably be back (mistake number 1); We have to watch our cap space because we have a lot of dead money and wood to clear (mistake number 2) and for some reason this franchise cannot seem to select a good college quarterback (mistake number 3). We bring in older players who only help us for a year or two (mistake number 4). We have multiple players to replace who must be replaced in the next year or two.

This type of mess usually takes 2-3 years to sort out along with a change in philosophy at the front office level. So, how much of this can be changed in one year's time? We will be lucky to finish at .500 next year.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

This type of mess usually takes 2-3 years to sort out along with a change in philosophy at the front office level. So, how much of this can be changed in one year's time? We will be lucky to finish at .500 next year.
    Sad but maybe true.The team has spiralled down into the abyss. And will take alot of parts to turn it around.To do this quickly you need big cap space to pick the right free agents to fit your system.And college talent who can contribute quickly.

The big question is, will the Ravens tired system remain.Or be reinvented?
    If no changes are made in focus and direction,then the team will take even longer to recover.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Truth be told, bmore is a QB's graveyard. We get one year wonders vets and do miss on college Qb's. But it's a rack of them this year and i personally like ozzie. So maybe we get luck and get a FRANCHISE QB.

As for next year, i'm not there yet. yes i see the hot potato game we been playing this year. Tank it or fight i don't care what,but beat someone before this season is over. Very hard year, living here i get all the crap. It's cool i bleed purple.

Also Rick we be gone back to college soon. So let's see what Brian does this off season to hopefully help really use the talent we finally have.

I do hope to see troy sometime this year and see what he has to work at to maybe fight for a spot next year. Let's really hope Mcnair REtire and save us money. I love steve and he is a warrior, but that money we will need back please.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    Sad but maybe true.The team has spiralled down into the abyss. And will take alot of parts to turn it around.To do this quickly you need big cap space to pick the right free agents to fit your system.And college talent who can contribute quickly.

The big question is, will the Ravens tired system remain.Or be reinvented?
    If no changes are made in focus and direction,then the team will take even longer to recover.
    is this not the same things we were all saying after the 05 season. We need a new coach, a qb, the line sucks, ray is washed up.....sounds like 05 again. It is not as bad as it seems. We have been struck by the injury all season. Yes we need a qb, maybe 1 good ol with all the youngs guys we have. 1 solid number 1 reciever, and a de. That can all be solved in the draft and FA. Look what happened last year. Yes this season sucks, but to say we need to blow up the team and start all over, and we are 3 years away come on guys look how shitty the browns and steelers were last year and now what. Stay healthy and get a couple of pick ups and a new play calling system and we will be just fine!!!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

What's worng with Al Saunders? Led one of the better Offeces for a half dozen years with an average QB, a pair of Grezt RB's, a HOF TE and CFL receivers. They had a good line as well, btu they ran a good mix of plays that kept people guessig. Now ehe's moved on to WAS where he is turning Campbell into more then a solid pro.
    He's done zip in the NFL, thats why.

... and two fumbles and an INT in a close game doesnt make Campbell a "solid pro". I see what the Post is printing too and I say to you please dont believe the hype.

The Skins are putrid and Al Saunders is a big reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He's done zip in the NFL, thats why.

... and two fumbles and an INT in a close game doesnt make Campbell a "solid pro". I see what the Post is printing too and I say to you please dont believe the hype.

The Skins are putrid and Al Saunders is a big reason for it.
    LIving where I do, I get stuck watchign the Skins and only the skins unless the Ravens are on, all other games get blacked out during that timespan. After seeing this much of Jason Campbell, I'd certainly take him over anyone on our roster, and over the majority of young QB's in the league. The light is coming on and he has all the tools. I think that Al Saunders may have a hand in that.

LIving where I do, I get stuck watchign the Skins and only the skins unless the Ravens are on, all other games get blacked out during that timespan. After seeing this much of Jason Campbell, I'd certainly take him over anyone on our roster, and over the majority of young QB's in the league. The light is coming on and he has all the tools. I think that Al Saunders may have a hand in that.
    I dont argue that. Campbell is indeed better than McBoller.

But that isnt really saying much.

I can't blame it all on the offensive system. Last year we were 13-3. Players have to EXECUTE, plain and simple! That means throwing the ball to the open receiver; receivers catching the ball; having a QB who can hit the open receiver; OL blocking and opening holes for the ballcarrier to run through; cutting down on turnovers and penalties; and the list goes on. Plus having a deep threat that 'scares' the opposing team's secondary! If all these issues are addressed, THEN it is fair to evaluate 'the system'. And let's also not throw Troy Smith out with the bathwater. He deserves a chance to see what he can do.