Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This team's play is a national joke, and heads should roll

It is not Billick's fault that McNair can't hold onto the football, and the defense played very well with no experience at corner. After that the play calling sucked, we saw another 4th and one pass, we turned it over on 3 consecutive plays, and this team once again was not prepared to play.

That is on the head coach, and there needs to be some sort of shake up

Re: This team's play is a national joke, and heads should roll

I have supported Coach BB til now, but I agree. he has to go.
    at least, bench McNair, start KBoll, and let Neuheisel call the plays.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

I watching NFL Live they shown the "highlights" have the game. Hoge said Here's a tip Billick why don't you just punt on first down and save time.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

4. Re: This team's play is a national joke, and heads should roll

Pretty funny on MNF, Steve Young took another shot at the Ravens(with out mentioning them). I believe they were talking about Alex Smith and his progression thus far in the NFL. Out of the blue Young said something on the lines about "teams should have exQB's or people who know the QB position scouting College QB's not DLinemen. Then they will know that just because someone throwing from their knees 70 yards through the goalposts may not make a good QB" Nice. I may have a word or two out of place because it took a few to realize, I think I was just insulted, lol

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreInJungle View Post
    Pretty funny on MNF, Steve Young took another shot at the Ravens(with out mentioning them). I believe they were talking about Alex Smith and his progression thus far in the NFL. Out of the blue Young said something on the lines about "teams should have exQB's or people who know the QB position scouting College QB's not DLinemen. Then they will know that just because someone throwing from their knees 70 yards through the goalposts may not make a good QB" Nice. I may have a word or two out of place because it took a few to realize, I think I was just insulted, lol
    I heard that line too. I don’t think he was talking about the Ravens. Ozzie was a former TE, not a defensive guy. Granted, his QB selections to date have been sub-par but I think a lot of the offensive picks have been a function of Billick and not so much of Ozzie.

I do agree with the assessment though -- we need a good former QB to help us with scouting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Granted, his QB selections to date have been sub-par but I think a lot of the offensive picks have been a function of Billick and not so much of Ozzie.
    So Anderson wasn't a good pick?

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    So Anderson wasn't a good pick?
    Didnt say that. But we dont know if what we're seeing from Anderson is legit either. The league is filled with one-season studs.

But suppose he is legit, thats one out of ... what ... 12? That's sub-par in my book.

8. Re: This team's play is a national joke, and heads should roll

Does anyone really think that Anderson would succeed in our offense ?

Who knows if he would succeed here...one thing I do know is that he is the only QB who has left here and actually done well somewhere else.

Every other QB has fallen into the abyss after we let them go.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Who knows if he would succeed here...one thing I do know is that he is the only QB who has left here and actually done well somewhere else.

I think Vinny Testaverde had a decent career after he left here. He had those good years with the Jets, and hell, the guy is still in the league today 10 years later.

I do know that I don't trust Billick or his offensive system to groom any rookie QB. He needs to go. Get this team a fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

Ding ding!

This pattern is consistent with some combination of the following:

1. The offensive 'system' is such that, when a qb is here, he gets ruined.
    2. Our FO finds qb's who are not franchise-type quality.
    3. A string of bad luck - notably Jamal going down in 01 with Grbac under center, and a somewhat flukey game against an inspired Indy team last year - depriving us in the years we actually had a decent starter at that position.

Whatever the FO does to resolve the offense over this coming spring/summer is fine with me. Change coaches, qb's, whatever.

We have the luxury of not having to make decisions, so we can be hysterical. But the FO has to weigh reality, which involves not just #1, but #2 and 3 also.

There is not a silver bullet, people.
    Last edited by festivus; 11-13-2007 at 03:44 PM. Reason: word usage
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

12. Re: This team's play is a national joke, and heads should roll

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I heard that line too. I don’t think he was talking about the Ravens. Ozzie was a former TE, not a defensive guy. Granted, his QB selections to date have been sub-par but I think a lot of the offensive picks have been a function of Billick and not so much of Ozzie.

I do agree with the assessment though -- we need a good former QB to help us with scouting.
    He wasn't talking about Ozzie, but he was talking about us drafting Boller, he's the last QB who threw the ball like 65 yards through the posts on his knees that I can remember.