Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Well.................?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Rx, I hope you're right and I do think highly of your opinion. However, being the conservative man that I am, I rated George Washington "B+" as a general :o ... Bc
    And I rated George Washington's dentist as an "F"!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TxRavensFan View Post
    Wow, totally forgot about this. To answer your question, I'm arguing against the ubiquitous, yet illogical argument that because player x is a little bit older, he "is what he is" at this point with no room to grow. A variation of this argument was put forth regarding Bosa as well.

As I stated before, I'm not arguing that Kaufusi is a better player now, or even in 5 years, than Buckner (although, as I also stated, there are many cases of later round picks having better careers than their earlier-picked counterparts). Rather, my point was that it is reasonable to expect that two players who have the same amount of pre-NFL football experience could both increase their potential by similar amounts. Now, that may mean that (on a made up 100 point scale) Buckner goes from a 70 as a rookie to a 90 after 5 years, and Kaufusi goes from a 60 to an 80 in the same time.

Again, one Buckner may end up the better player, but there's no reason to expect that Kaufusi can't realize/grow his potential by the same amount as Buckner just because he went on a Mormon mission for 2 years.
    you can if you dont think he can improve in areas that improve his game overall. His weaknesses and strengths arent the same as Buckners. As ive stated, I believe him to be a far more finished product with less room to grow, be it technique, physical etc, I think hes getting the most out of where he is currently. while buckner I believe is getting by with much more raw attributes. you dont. thats your prerogative and you could be correct but i disagree. You seem to equate "finished product" with his age, i dont believe Ive made that correlation. My only reference to his age wasnt an indictment on his potential, simply saying that because i believe him to be a more finished product, he is what he is at 24 vs 24 with room to greatly improve or by comparison with Buckner 22 vs where hell be at 24.

you also have to keep in mind, even in your opinion that potential doesnt stop, and you can always improve, youre still on a timeline within a career. his career is going to be shorter. so as you say "just because he went on a Mormon mission for 2 years" wont stop his potential, it certainly doesnt mean hes going to be able to play to an older age just because of it either. So even by that theory, he does have less potential in the long term.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 05-16-2016 at 09:15 AM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    How DARE you bring Leon into this?!!!!!
    You know what true beauty is in this world?

1. All of you reading this, Google "king's field excellector".
    2. Click Images.
    3. Count to the 15th image. (May move up with the hits!)
    4. LOL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    You know what true beauty is in this world?

1. All of you reading this, Google "king's field excellector".
    2. Click Images.
    3. Count to the 15th image. (May move up with the hits!)
    4. LOL.
    It's now the 14th image! YOU JACKASS!!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Luv ya bro!

Blog Entries

Smh....................................................
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore