Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Yes, draft's over, what's next

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    When we got Monroe, it seemed like we would find stability. Now it seems like no matter what the Ravens do, they end up with a LT who has issues. McKinney and his music career and party buses. Then we get the brooding weed advocate who prefers quiet reflection time to getting to know his teammates. Is it a cosmic penance for all those good years with J.O.?

Maybe the whole out in left field LT thing had more to do with passing on Tunsil than the bong videe.

But Tunsil will be fine. He's in Miami. He'll fall under the outstanding tutelage of Bryant McKinney, make records and get to tour the United States in a party bus full of strippers.
    Actually Tunsil will fall under the tutelage of one of the Pouncey brothers, buy your point still stands.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Lol I was close...
    I thought it was the 4th round as well but wasn't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    When we got Monroe, it seemed like we would find stability. Now it seems like no matter what the Ravens do, they end up with a LT who has issues.
    Gaither was a flake head as well.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=The Fanatic;1096841

Gaither was a flake head as well.[/QUOTE]

Gaither seemed to be working out until that game in NE when he got hurt. That seemed to shake him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Gaither seemed to be working out until that game in NE when he got hurt. That seemed to shake him up.
    When they are playing well, oh boy, great move on the ravens part. When they get hurt and can't seem to recover, what a piece of crap. See you taking up for your alumni, LOL. For whatever reason, tackle has been a Achilles heal for the ravens, SMH.

Flacco would cosign this.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't cut him either not this year, but I wouldn't pencil him in as the starter yet either if I were the team Monroe would have to earn every cent of that contract this year. If Stanley beats him out in camp then Monroe is an insurance policy at that point. Sure we will save some money cutting him this year but we gotta eat some dead money next year too plus who do we have after Stanley if we cut Monroe? The depth is shallow there.

Blog Entries

on a side note, we knew the team was souring on Monroe they publicly called him out, whether Preston had wrote that or not we already knew what was going on with him.

Just saying...

Monroe was widely believed to be one of the top two offensive tackles available in the Draft (alongside Jason Smith).[4][5] Particularly praised for his pass blocking ability, Monroe drew comparisons to Walter Jones.[6] He was selected eighth overall by the Jacksonville Jaguars, a pick that was declared a "steal" by Sports Illustrated's Tony Pauline.[7]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wash yourself View Post
    Just saying...

Monroe was widely believed to be one of the top two offensive tackles available in the Draft (alongside Jason Smith).[4][5] Particularly praised for his pass blocking ability, Monroe drew comparisons to Walter Jones.[6] He was selected eighth overall by the Jacksonville Jaguars, a pick that was declared a "steal" by Sports Illustrated's Tony Pauline.[7]
    we know Monroe can be good, the problem is not his talent but rather his heart/passion to play, that's been the theme all season long for him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    we know Monroe can be good, the problem is not his talent but rather his heart/passion to play, that's been the theme all season long for him.
    Maybe with him being in better shape and healthy, plus although only 29 I think players may approach their careers in a different manner when closing in on 30. Hopefully the light will go on and we will have a pleasant dilemma with 3 solid OTs... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by wash yourself View Post
    Just saying...

I recall the excitement when the Ravens signed Monroe, LOL. That excitement is no longer there, SMH, and for good reasons. It's like that with every signing and draft pick for those overly optimistic. Nothing wrong with that. Every signing and acquisition is a crapshoot. No guarantees at all in the nfl or any sport.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Maybe with him being in better shape and healthy, plus although only 29 I think players may approach their careers in a different manner when closing in on 30. Hopefully the light will go on and we will have a pleasant dilemma with 3 solid OTs... Bc
    either way he's going to have to put up or get out this year or next year. He's got guys chomping at his heels now with Stanley, then you have our late round tackle pick as well who by all reports is no slouch either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    I recall the excitement when the Ravens signed Monroe, LOL. That excitement is no longer there, SMH, and for good reasons. It's like that with every signing and draft pick for those overly optimistic. Nothing wrong with that. Every signing and acquisition is a crapshoot. No guarantees at all in the nfl or any sport.
    lol jags fans were like "ha ya'll just wait." Not really some were pissed because they felt like they got peanuts in return for Monroe. Well Jags knew something we didn't no wonder we got him for peanuts.