Page 4 of 377 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 2017 Draft Thread -- because we have an unhealthy obsession

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'll admit, I was thinking to myself, "Yeah, I got his ass" and one of the next names that came to mind was Marques Colston. I looked it up just to be sure, before checking out your list and noticing the odd name at the top. Then, I said to myself, "Dang it, he's gotta mean Marques Colston".
    Took me three attempts to edit the original as if the RSR bot was saying aww naww dumb ass...we gotta keep that isht up there a little bit longer.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Example of a Devy (short for "development player") fantasy draft by some knowledgeable Tweeple.
    Not all are 2017 eligible, so you'll see frosh and sophs here.

I'm only posting for the benefit of folks that like to do a deep-dive on the underclassmen.
    Also might help with which games you should be DVR'ing as the season rolls along.

Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 08-25-2016 at 10:41 AM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

They didn't dip into the high school ranks? Pfft, amateurs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Lol...
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I barely have the attention span to follow all the NFLers that I want to.
    Can't imagine being knowledgeable enough on CFB cats to do a devy league.
    I mean do these guys even leave the house?

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I barely have the attention span to follow all the NFLers that I want to.
    Can't imagine being knowledgeable enough on CFB cats to do a devy league.
    I mean do these guys even leave the house?
    Working from home has its benefits, my friend!

In all seriousness, that's a pretty impressive draft/league. I was proud of myself that I'm at least aware of 90%+ of those players, but I watch much more college football than NFL football, and follow recruiting on a daily basis (I remember following the recruiting of guys like Lawrence Timmons, Geno Hayes, AJ Green).

Not to go too far down the road, but what are folks thoughts on Josh Rosen as heir apparent to Flacco?

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Not to go too far down the road, but what are folks thoughts on Josh Rosen as heir apparent to Flacco?
    Too early unless Joe has another season-ending injury. The guy is 31, not 37.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    I agree with too early.

As a general eval aspect though, be mindful of how Rosen improves (or doesn't) when under pressure.
    He's young, yes, but right now according to PFF (raw stats, not their grade-based stuff) his under-pressure stats are horrible compared to his clean-pocket stats.

The vast majority of CFB QBs, and even most pro QBs (save for Rodgers, Wilson, et al.) have very lop-sided stats when comparing the two situations, but Rosen needs to be better vs. P12 defenses. I would hope that his OC has designed some better schemes/options for him for 2016.

@BigPlayReceiver

I can't stand FSU, but here's a cat worth rooting for...

Junior WR, Travis Rudolph

http://www.seminoles.com/ViewArticle...CLID=211157062

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Jimbo Fisher likes to tell his players that they can make someone’s day just by being themselves.

Junior receiver Travis Rudolph did just that on Tuesday, when he gave a sixth-grader at Tallahassee’s Montford Middle School a lunch that neither will soon forget.

Five Seminoles – Rudolph, Dalvin Cook, Derwin James, Deondre Francois and Jalen Wilkerson – visited the school to meet with some area kids.

While eating lunch (pizza, of course), Rudolph noticed one child sitting by himself.

So Rudolph grabbed a slice, made his way over and sat down.

“I asked could I sit with him and he said, ‘Sure, why not?’” Rudolph said. “… He told me his name was Bo, how much he loves Florida State. And we went from there.”

The child’s name is Bo Paske, and according to a Facebook post from his mother, Leah Paske, Bo has autism.

In her post, Leah shared a photo of Bo and Rudolph together, along with a personal message about the challenges that she and Bo face together.

“I have feelings of anxiety for him, and sometimes they can be overwhelming if I let them,” Leah wrote.

Leah wrote that she has a list of questions for Bo each day, one of which is “Who did you eat lunch with today?”

“Sometimes the answer is a classmate,” she wrote. “But most days it’s nobody. Those are days I feel sad for him, but he doesn’t seem to mind. He is a super sweet child, who always has a smile and a hug for everyone he meets.”

And on this day, he met Rudolph, a preseason All-ACC receiver and one of the key figures of Florida State’s offense.

Rudolph said their conversation came easily.

“One of his first questions was am I in the NFL,” Rudolph said with a smile. “I said, ‘Not yet.’”

For Rudolph, the visit brought back memories of his own childhood in South Florida, where local football stars like former FSU standout Anquan Boldin and Devin Hester lent their time and attention to kids in their communities.

“I was just a kid not too long ago,” Rudolph said. “And I remember what the impact was when I saw guys that played in college football and the NFL coming back to us. So I felt like maybe I could change someone’s life or just make someone a better person and want to be great just like me, even better.”

Tuesday’s trip to Montford Middle was the latest in a long series of visits by FSU football players to Tallahassee area schools.

Several Seminoles spoke with high school football teams throughout the city earlier this year, and they’ve since toured through elementary and middle schools as well.

It’s a side of his program that Fisher is proud to highlight.

“You can change somebody’s life – positively or negatively – every day,” Fisher said. “(They’re) making good choices. … Our guys love doing it. I’m telling you, you’ve to get around our guys like that. They’re awesome, those kids.”

@BigPlayReceiver

Already time to pump the brakes on the Tennessee hype train? Such a poorly coached team, given their supposed talent. If VT has any semblance of an offense this season, I think UT loses to them at Bristol.

Though the two prospects on that team that should have been squarely on the Ravens' radar (Barnett, Sutton), at least looked decent.

Already time to pump the brakes on the Tennessee hype train? Such a poorly coached team, given their supposed talent. If VT has any semblance of an offense this season, I think UT loses to them at Bristol.

Though the two prospects on that team that should have been squarely on the Ravens' radar (Barnett, Sutton), at least looked decent.
    Maaaaaan...if they would have lost that game
    But it's rather stunning to see a team come out so flat like that.
    At least Michigan was able to put up points vs. AppState a few years back.

The Bristol game is going to be great. I'm watching just for the crowd noise tbh.

@BigPlayReceiver