Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pass Rush

Re: The Pass Rush

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Problem is. it wasn't just 1 bad year. The win/loss stat since they won the SB was indicative of the reason for who they drafted this year. Many can deny it and make excuses till they are blue in the face. Ravens have scared no one with the defense and if not for Flacco, good chance the ravens may have lost more then they did.

Reality sucks. Close is only used in certain scenarios. Not football. you either win or lose. No points for being close. Doesn't get you to post season.

Anybody not seeing that the FO did something different this year, well , I guess to them, they didn't, LOL. Shame the research on several players drafted last year didn't cause concern for those players. This year the studs with health issue didn't do as good as the media and posters thought they would. Lesson learned in my mind, FO wasn't going to have it happen again
    I wouldn't say I don't think they didn't do anything different, I guess I am saying that last year's 5-11 season shouldn't be seen as the end of the world. Two years ago, we lost to the super bowl champs in the divisional playoffs by 4 points. Last year was a rough year. I'm hoping just like the rest of us that we can Dean Pees; however, as of right now we can just hope that the increased depth will push us forward.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    The fact that Correa needs some coaching up is my concern. I think that as long as Pees is our coordinator, we need to draft polished, ready to play at the next level prospects. It seems that guys come here and regress rather than improve. Hell, Matt Elam unlearned how to tackle. As far as the pass rush is concerned, until we get someone here who can exploit weaknesses as well as disguise blitzes better, our pass rush will continue to suffer.
    My man you are preaching to the choir i hate that pees is in charge of all this talent and he could very well fuck it up but i feel like things may be a little bit different this year with pees. Harbs went out and hired Frazier and Cullen those are two good pedigree POSITION coaches plus Frazier bring some experience as a DC and former HC while I don't want fraizer any where near this defense as a DC as a position coach his reputation is solid. Him and Cullen I feel have some input on this defense working together collectively with pees to limit his fuckery on the field. This is just my theory and I hope i am right. I tell you this much, with 11 picks in this draft they all may not make it but the FO drafted a lot of speed on the defense, there are a variety of players with some high ceilings they are handing to the defense and if some of these players in this class doesn't pan out in about 2-3 seasons? its all on the coaches and not the FO and somebody gots to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Yep. Outside of elite level, HOF talent, you run that risk with Pees. Hopefully the hiring of Frasier will mitigate that somewhat.
    You realize that Kruger got moved off the line to OLB when Pees took over as DC?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    You realize that Kruger got moved off the line to OLB when Pees took over as DC?
    eeeeh Chuck pagano started it and pees just rolled with it because that was the best fit for Kruger

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Ravens have scared no one with the defense
    Absolutely not true!

They scared the crap out of both of us (and probably a lot of other posters here)!

I know you are meaning opposing defenses, I just couldn't resist :respect
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

The fact that Correa needs some coaching up is my concern. I think that as long as Pees is our coordinator, we need to draft polished, ready to play at the next level prospects. It seems that guys come here and regress rather than improve. Hell, Matt Elam unlearned how to tackle. As far as the pass rush is concerned, until we get someone here who can exploit weaknesses as well as disguise blitzes better, our pass rush will continue to suffer.

Dean Pees teaches the scheme while the position coaches teaches technique and etc. If Correa need some coaching up as you said then it's The Ravens linebacker coach job to help with that.

Dean Pees was the defensive coordinator in 2014 and that was when the defense had a total of 49 sacks. Hey I would like to see Dean Pees exploit weaknesses and disguise blitzes a little more my self but no way the pass rush continues to suffer if everything works out health wise and etc.

The title of the thread says it all...."The Pass Rush"

I think to a man (and woman) on here we all agree on three things.

1) We needed to address our lack of pass rush
    2) We needed to address our secondary
    3) Dean Pees is a problem

We addressed the pass rush problem IMO pretty heavily with a couple draft picks.
    Just because these guys aren't well known names coming out of schools like Alabama or Ohio State doesn't mean they can't play or can't develop into highly serviceable or better players.

By all accounts they were great players in their perspective divisions in college that bring heart, desire and play with high motors.
    That in itself puts them ahead of the game as far as what they possibly will be, or are potentially already when they hit the field here.
    These guys aren't idiots and my suspicion is that with a little tweaking and technique (yes I know) their games will improve rapidly and I think that that is why they were drafted by us.
    Remains to be seen but Ii think they should at least get the benefit of the doubt.

I think everybody knows and agrees that the secondary can be drastically improved with a pass rush.
    Doesn't mean that the guys we have will all be the second coming of Revis or Peterson but that added pass rush could and hopefully will eliminate the need to have all pros back there.
    We've watched the Steelers have to play like that for years and they seem to be in the playoffs more often then not.
    We took a CB in this draft that certainly isn't going to be left on an island one on one with Antonio Brown or AJ Green by himself (we hope) but by his pre draft grades should be able to provide as a decent nickle CB and may develop into more.

I'll reiterate what I said on another thread yesterday...
    Richard Sherman and Cam Chancellor were both 5th round picks and I'm pretty confident in thinking that Seahawks fans weren't thinking that these guys were the Legion of Boom when they were drafted.
    (And no I'm not making a comparison one on one)
    We also still have post June 1 cuts to go yet.

IMO Dean Pees is on his last leg here.
    We've put a hell of a lot of off season additions into defensive help here with adding experienced position coaches, adding Weddle and a large chunk of this draft.
    Biscotti is no idiot and when we have an owner that comes out and says he wants the pass rush addressed, his GM does it and the defense still gives up late game leads or surrenders multiple point leads then I think the writing is on the wall.

In other words....this defense has been given an influx of help (the bulk of the off season)....Dean Pees either shits or gets off the pot here and it wouldn't shock me if he is forced off of the pot in the middle of the season if this defense doesn't show some improvement.

Let's see what happens before we declare the draft is a waste and our season is over before it starts.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    The title of the thread says it all...."The Pass Rush"

I think to a man (and woman) on here we all agree on three things.

We addressed the pass rush problem IMO pretty heavily with a couple draft picks.
    Just because these guys aren't well known names coming out of schools like Alabama or Ohio State doesn't mean they can't play or can't develop into highly serviceable or better players.

By all accounts they were great players in their perspective divisions in college that bring heart, desire and play with high motors.
    That in itself puts them ahead of the game as far as what they possibly will be are potentially already are when they hit the field here.
    These guys aren't idiots and my suspicion is that with a little tweaking and technique (yes I know) their games will imrove rapidly and I think that that is why they were drafted by us.
    Remains to be seen but Ii think they should at least get the benefit of the doubt.

I think everybody knows and agrees that the secondary can be drastically improved with a pass rush.
    Doesn't mean that the guys we have will all be the second coming of Revis or Peterson but that added pass rush could and hopefully will eliminate the need to have all pros back there.
    We've watched the Steelers have to play like that for years and they seem to be in the playoffs more often then not.
    We took a CB in this draft that certainly isn't going to be left on an island one on one with Antonio Brown or AJ Green by himself (we hope) but by his pre draft grades should be able to provide as a decent nickle CB and may develop into more.

I'll reiterate what I said on another thread yesterday...
    Richard Sherman and Cam Chancellor were both 5th round picks and I'm pretty confident in thinking that Seahawks fans weren't thinking that these guys were the Legion of Boom when they were drafted.
    (And no I'm not making a comparison one on one)
    We also still have post June 1 cuts to go yet.

IMO Dean Pees is on his last leg here.
    We've put a hell of a lot of off season additions into defensive help here with adding experienced position coaches, adding Weddle and a large chunk of this draft.
    Biscotti is no idiot and when we have an owner that comes out and says he wants the pass rush addressed, his GM does it and the defense still gives up late game leads or surrenders multiple point leads then I think the writing is on the wall.

In other words....this defense has been given an influx of help (the bulk of the off season)....Dean Pees either shits or gets off the pot here and it wouldn't shock me if he is forced off of the pot in the middle of the season if this defense doesn't show some improvement.

Let's see what happens before we declare the draft is a waste and our season is over before it starts.
    cosign all of this

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I wouldn't say I don't think they didn't do anything different, I guess I am saying that last year's 5-11 season shouldn't be seen as the end of the world. Two years ago, we lost to the super bowl champs in the divisional playoffs by 4 points. Last year was a rough year. I'm hoping just like the rest of us that we can Dean Pees; however, as of right now we can just hope that the increased depth will push us forward.
    Me too. Have to think last year was a wake up call to the FO and harbaugh. Harbaugh thought it was a great year and that had people shaking their heads. But he meant it several ways, one being he learned from it,
    Ironically though , owner said he wants "continuity" , which again had fans shaking their heads and laughing. But more likely that had a different meaning too. Well, at least I hope so, LOL.

The pats game, why and how we lost still stings. Defense again blew it, SMH.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post

One of the first problems we started addressing
    FRAZIER COACHING HIGHLIGHTS: Before serving as Minnesota’s defensive coordinator and later its head coach, Frazier spent time in Indianapolis as a defensive assistant (2005) and an assistant to the head coach/defensive backs coach (2006). Frazier also served as the Cincinnati Bengals’ defensive coordinator from 2003-04...He originally entered the NFL as a coach in 1999, working with defensive backs for the Philadelphia Eagles...For four seasons, Frazier was on an Eagles’ staff that included John Harbaugh (special teams coordinator). During Frazier’s time with Philadelphia, he helped DB Troy Vincent (four) and S Brian Dawkins (three) earn multiple Pro Bowl honors. Impressively, Frazier has won two Super Bowl titles, one as a player (Chicago, 1985) and one as a coach (Indianapolis, 2006).
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/...6-52656638b2cf
    Competition is a Ravens theme and the heat is on big time .... unspoken but how can anyone ignore what is bolded above?
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Just read Preston's latest article " ...... Ozzie has lost his nerve. ". It seems Preston fully agrees with what I've been saying starting on draft night. This was an important draft. We should have taken risks. We should have drafted playmakers. We drafted scared. Given our draft position, this draft was disappointing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman831226 View Post
    Just read Preston's latest article " ...... Ozzie has lost his nerve. ". It seems Preston fully agrees with what I've been saying starting on draft night. This was an important draft. We should have taken risks. We should have drafted playmakers. We drafted scared. Given our draft position, this draft was disappointing.
    You agreeing with Preston? Lol.

Not surprised.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.