Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: one more thing

one more thing

For all of those fans out there today who were booing McNair and the team, SHAME ON YOU! This is OUR family out there. They need our support, not our turning on them like we did. All I want now from this season is a thumping of the Steelers at the end of the year!

Blog Entries

Re: one more thing

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    For all of those fans out there today who were booing McNair and the team, SHAME ON YOU! This is OUR family out there. They need our support, not our turning on them like we did. All I want now from this season is a thumping of the Steelers at the end of the year!
    I highlighted two words for you, one applies to the boo's, one doesn't....I can say with 95% certainty they weren't booing the team......

The booing was deserved. There is no shame in voicing displeasure in such a terrible performance. The fans sent the message. This is unnaceptable. Bench McNair, give Neuheisal the playcalling duties, do what you gotta do.

But this and the Steelers game is inexcusable.

Boller needs to be the starter going forward and if that doesn't get it done, then billick needs to let Neuheisal call plays, and if that doesn't work, blow this whole thing up. But changes have to be made.

With as much money as people spend on tickets these days, they have every right to boo. Keeping McNair in and sub-par play calling is an insult to the fans. It apepars that Billick does not care about winning. He is biting the hand that feeds him.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Yes I am ashamed to hear booing at M&T,but things have become so ludicrous on the offense and the man with the headset on the sideline.

How can fans not voice their pent up frustrations of what they have seen this season.How can they not send a message to the owner in his luxury box.
    They sent their message by booing and leaving early.

Its not nice to see or hear,but its reality.If you have a bad taste in your mouth you spit it out.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Blog Entries

I heard a small bit of booing after McNair's first fumble when he came out on the field...but I also heard a very large cheer when Boller came out in the game.

I respect your opinions. Believe me, I grew up a Philly fan, and maybe that's why I have a different perspective. This organization gets paid big bucks to put a 'profitable' product on the field. CLEARLY, yesterday, proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, that McNair, who was imo a great QB in his career, does not have it anymore. Noone feels worse about the game than he. Just remember, We expect a lot from our team; but, the team also expects alot from its fans. Boller will be the QB for the rest of the season, and I predict we'll win next week. And, BB is a separate issue; but, again, if the on-the-field products sucks, he will be gone.

Wink Re: one more thing

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    How can fans not voice their pent up frustrations of what they have seen this season.How can they not send a message to the owner in his luxury box.
    They sent their message by booing and leaving early.

I won't boo my team or leave early (although we did leave in the 4th Q yesterday due to the biting cold) ... however: if all the booing yesterday helped push Billick to the decision to bench Mcnair, or helped push Bisciotti closer to the decision to shitcan Billick if he doesn't bench McNair, then I don't have a big problem with the fans' behavior yesterday.

But just this once.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I refused to boo, but we did leave with 8 minutes to go after the final McNair fumble. There was just nothing else to see. The defense's effort got wasted because our QB is done and our HC couldn't see it until it was way to late to make a difference.

I don't boo & we stayed until the final along with a couple thousand others. I never leave early, no matter the score. That said, I was frustrated & screaming about my frustration, but never booing.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I didn't boo (although I did take part in the Boller chant), but I did leave, as Stinger did too, along with just about everyone else, at about the 8 minute mark when McNair fumbled the second time, which was the third fumble in a row. First time I have ever left a game early, I was there for the Seahawk comeback, etc, but yesterday was just too much. Just embarrassing.

I can certainly understand the booing yesterday. It was warranted, we pay alot of money to see these guys play high quality football, and the performance by our offense yesterday was anything but.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

I stayed to the end, just like I always do. However, just remember, these guys are giving their best - that I believe to be true. Unfortunately, this is a failed system, OR is it that we just don't have the right players (in place) to execute this system? In either case, BB needs to adapt and get the right players in position to execute his system; ie. McNair out, Boller in. It seemed to work last year; why not this year? Could it be that McNair quite surprisingly 'grew old' before our very eyes?!