Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: one more thing

Re: one more thing

I'll never boo, but I understand the sentiment out there. At home, after the worst debacle in several years, with a basically healthy offensive unit, against a division rival, against a defense that is everyone else's punching bag, the Ravens scored one garbage time TD.

One.

That is completely unacceptable.

They may be trying, but they are regressing horribly. And they were not very good to begin with.

Something - SOMETHING, needs to change and NOW.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I was there until the end as well, but I will say with pride I did boo. I did not boo our team just Mcnair. A statement needed to be made to BB and the owner. I am not going to continue to watch this garbage from the QB position, and just sit and watch it. We needed a change at QB at half time and it didn't come. I am not saying Boller would have gotten the win yesterday but it sure would have been nice to see him in at the start of the third when the game was still in reach. If Mcnair comes back on that field as our QB again I will boo him again, he WAS a great QB but those days our over and I don't want to watch him anymore.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

I paid $110 for my two tickets for yesterdays game (as for every game). Do you think that that performance was worth $110? I didn't.

I usually never boo, but I booed yesterday and my boo was directed at 1) McNair and 2) Billick because he deserved it for sticking with McNair too long.

I paid my money, I have a right to boo. I do, however, respect everyone's right to boo or not.

As with Stinger, I left after the McNair fumble. My best friend (who goes with me to almost every game) turned to me and said "I can't take this anymore. Let's leave.". I agreed.

yo are right everyone has right to do as they please, we pay $110 a ticket and we have 4 seats and you better believe when we don't do shit on O yet another game I will boo Mcnair and Billick they deserve it. If he is dumb enough to start Mcnair this week I will boo him again
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I didn't boo and I stayed until the end, but there is no way I would call anybody out for booing. Normally I would, but the performance of McNair has been horrible all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I didn't boo and I stayed until the end, but there is no way I would call anybody out for booing. Normally I would, but the performance of McNair has been horrible all year.
    Only person that deserves the boo's is Billick ...

Seeing an athlete come to the reality that his body cant do what his mind wants him to is sad, not something to boo. McNair was a perfect and humble gentlemen after the game and I wont pile on when he already knows that he is done.

Billick gets my ire. Nobody else.

Geez...another "booing" debate thread. Need I remind people that football is a game, played by young men (some older) who make more money then some of us will ever see in our entire lifetime? We pay top $$ to watch them play, buy their products, etc. I booed yesterday and it was directed at McNair and Billick...not anyone else. I'm sorry if offended these highly-price sports atheletes/coaches. And I thank god I didn't watch the game on TV because if I saw any one of them smiling or laughing on the sideline like last weeks game I'd really would have been irate. I will continue to support this team and cheer but if I continue to see McNair playing or Billick calling plays I will boo...and it's my right to.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    For all of those fans out there today who were booing McNair and the team, SHAME ON YOU! This is OUR family out there. They need our support, not our turning on them like we did. All I want now from this season is a thumping of the Steelers at the end of the year!
    HAHA do you really think the majority Ravens players really care about us?

They care about their paychecks and fame that is it.. Some of you guys/gals need to get over yourselves..

Those of us who paid for our tickets should be able to boo anyone we want..

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    HAHA do you really think the majority Ravens players really care about us?
    Yes. Absolutely. I think the majority of the team LOVES us. I've had the privilege of meeting people like Ray, Stover, Heap, Ogden, Suggs, etc and they ALL appreciate us.

Been cynical long???

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yes. Absolutely. I think the majority of the team LOVES us. I've had the privilege of meeting people like Ray, Stover, Heap, Ogden, Suggs, etc and they ALL appreciate us.

Been cynical long???
    Im sure they appreciate the support but if another team offers them more money they are gone.. Its pretty simple..

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    Im sure they appreciate the support but if another team offers them more money they are gone.. Its pretty simple..
    And how does that translate into not appreciating the fans? You're faulting them for being businessmen in a business environment?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And how does that translate into not appreciating the fans? You're faulting them for being businessmen in a business environment?
    No im faulting the comment that we are a family.. Your acting like the players are here because we are great fans.. They are in Baltimore due to $$$.. There is no us or we.. We are fans and that is it.. To think we are anything more then that is very off-based..