Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ozzie Denies Rumor Of Musa to Jets Trade

http://blogs.baltimoresun.com/sports...me_denial.html

I am not a huge curser, so I'll let this guy say it for me.

Where did this rumor even start? It is not even funny. I would not trade Musa unless you are offering the first pick in the draft, so that we could get Brady Quinn or Adrian Peterson. (Right).

Trading Anderson, as we discussed, I can understand, but you don't trade a young talent like Musa unless you are getting a major return.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Ozzie Denies Rumor Of Musa to Jets Trade

I never even herd the rumor.

I'm glad that I know its false because if I didnt I would be pretty pissed. Musa is a great young talent, possibly our next great RB, possibly. More preseason play from him will help to form my opinion.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

I love musa but if they offer a 2nd or a 3rd

I woudl ship him out and make the trade before they realized what they were doing

Given how the Jets season is looking to take shape, if they somehow offered a 2nd (which will be close to a 1st), I'd have to think long and hard about it. An offer of a 1st is a no-brainer (and would be utter lunacy).

That said, the Ravens are not going to receive an offer like that and they will therefore keep Musa.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Im going to go out on a limb and say he will have a Larry johnson type year.

he will come on strong at the end of the year when teams are worn out and will kick peoples teeth in

I can't see the FO keeping Musa on IR for two years only to trade him as soon as he is actually able to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587
    Im going to go out on a limb and say he will have a Larry johnson type year.

he will come on strong at the end of the year when teams are worn out and will kick peoples teeth in
    Say what?

1750 yds and 20 TDs.

That's what Johnson did last year and he wasn't the starter for a bunch of games.

I love Smith's progress and hope he can pan out, but that limb you're going out might only have room for you.

PP

Musa's definitely looking good so far. Before I'd trade Musa, I'd offer up Mike Anderson.

Even then, it's risky. We don't really know what we're gonna get from Jamal this year. It's nice to have 2 other options available. I'd hate to see us trade away a decent backup, only to have Jamal go down this season and have to rely on someone who's shown brilliance in 2 preseason games.

I think the RB situation needs to be further evaluated during this preseason first.

Before I'd trade Musa, I'd offer up Mike Anderson.
    Before I'd trade Musa or Mike, I'd trade Jamal!;)

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T
    Before I'd trade Musa or Mike, I'd trade Jamal!;)
    Agreed....

I wouldn't give up Musa for a 2nd round pick, no way...its all about this season and I think we have a super chance this time round!:D

I never heard of this rumor and would shit bricks if it happened. I really wouldn't trade any of our RBs unless we had a serious injury within the next few weeks at another position.

Very good point, Mobtown. I think everybody is curious as to what impact Musa will have this year and beyond, but the fact that we've kept him around for two years following the injury shows that the team thinks he's one heck of a talent. We easily could have just given him an injury settlement if he wasn't in the team's plans for the future.