Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rival Drafts

Blog Entries

Re: Rival Drafts

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That depends on Stanley and how many of those pass rushers pan out.

The biggest problem we always seem to have against the Bengals has been Joe vs their defense. Flacco has thrown 19 interceptions against the Bengals. His career QB rating against them is around 69. Did we solve that? No. Joe himself has to figure out Marvins defense. Marvin is the only constant this whole time. There have been different DCs and players but the same issue from Flacco. It's on him.
    True, but I think that Joe has been doing better against them of late. He really struggled against them early on his career. From 2012 on he's been ok. Not great, but not as bad as 2008-2012.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    this man can help change that:

Don't hit me with the IDGAF again LOL LOL
    True. I definitely think Weddle will be a difference maker - at least to the point where we won't see our corners getting roasted deep over and over again. And my bad. Didn't mean to offend you.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    True. I definitely think Weddle will be a difference maker - at least to the point where we won't see our corners getting roasted deep over and over again. And my bad. Didn't mean to offend you.
    No worries you didn't offend me at all I was messing with you LOL I got a kick out of you not spelling out (I don't give a fuck LOL)

Joe struggles against Cincy because they've been able to pressure him with 4 and drop everyone else in coverage. I didn't help that Cincy's CB's would press the hell out of our WR's and keep them from getting separation. Now we draft Stanley to lock down the left (G or T), draft Perriman and Maxx last year, draft two pass catching backs in Allen and Dixon. Just gotta hope all those dudes pan out.

Subsequently, we ALWAYS seem to struggle getting pressure on Dalton. He damn near sets career records playing us. Now we gotta hope that all pass rushers pan out.

Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 05-01-2016 at 06:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Joe struggles against Cincy because they've been able to pressure him with 4 and drop everyone else in coverage. I didn't help that Cincy's CB's would press the hell out of our WR's and keep them from getting separation. Now we draft Stanley to lock down the left (G or T), draft Perriman and Maxx last year, draft two pass catching backs in Allen and Dixon. Just gotta hope all those dudes pan out.

Subsequently, we ALWAYS seem to struggle getting pressure on Dalton. He damn near sets career records playing us. Now we gotta hope that all pass rushers pan out.

Fingers crossed.
    That started to change with the speed that Torrey brought to the table. Hopefully Perriman will be that guy this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    The Bengals had my favorite draft considering they picked @ the #24 spot in all 7 rounds. I was hoping Wm Jackson would slip to #36, but your team wisely scooped him up in round 1. Their real shining moments for me came in rounds 4 and 5, picking Billings (DT) and Westerman (OG) who should have gone higher. Again, I was hoping to snag Billings with one of our 100 (LOL) 4th round selections. Great value. You also snared Tyler Boyd (WR), which rounds out an outstanding group of rookies. Color me impressed... Bc
    Thank you sir. I plead guilty to not following enough NCAA football to even try to keep with all of these guys. Everything I've read and heard says both of our teams drafted well.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Everything I've read and heard says both of our teams drafted well.
    Quite a few "experts" rated the Ravens draft pretty highly. Here's my perspective, comparing our teams. I give the Bengals an "A" because they drafted low (with their 7 original picks) and yet came up with some real gems throughout. The Ravens I rate a "B" partially due to a weak top of the draft, but they also had me scratching my head (?) I simply thought we could have used some of our 4th round assets to trade up (if there was a partner) or just select Billings (instead of Young or Moore, which would have given us an extra pick because we would not have taken DT Henry) then select Westerman instead of Alex Lewis. I'm not dis-satisfied with our draft, I only think (that with 11 picks) it could have been better. As usual, only time will tell... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Quite a few "experts" rated the Ravens draft pretty highly. Here's my perspective, comparing our teams. I give the Bengals an "A" because they drafted low (with their 7 original picks) and yet came up with some real gems throughout. The Ravens I rate a "B" partially due to a weak top of the draft, but they also had me scratching my head (?) I simply thought we could have used some of our 4th round assets to trade up (if there was a partner) or just select Billings (instead of Young or Moore, which would have given us an extra pick because we would not have taken DT Henry) then select Westerman instead of Alex Lewis. I'm not dis-satisfied with our draft, I only think (that with 11 picks) it could have been better. As usual, only time will tell... Bc
    It takes two to tango. Ravens tried to package picks to move back into the 2nd round and back into the 3rd round and didn't get any takers either time. Once the draft reached the 4th round they weren't doing anymore trades unless it was for future picks at a higher value (this years 4th for next years 3rd, etc.). At that point they just used the picks they had and started picking players. Can't fault them for not wanting to gets hosed on a trade just for the sake of trading up because they had a surplus of 4th's.

Have to say the Browns won round 1 with their immense value additions in terms of draft picks.

What was so bad about Billings that he wasn't picked until the 4th.??

Wasn't he projected as a late 2nd pick.?? So many teams needing a tackle passed on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Have to say the Browns won round 1 with their immense value additions in terms of draft picks.
    Have to say, I'm rooting for Jackson to turn that team into a .500 team this season and better next season. I won't bet on it, but if Jackson gets that team to .500, and doesn't get fired. The next year will be the make or break for Jackson. Then he'll get fired, LOL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    14 picks is an immense haul, but did the Browns use them wisely? They had some really solid picks, but did they have to use FOUR picks on WR? ... Bc