Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rival Drafts

Re: Rival Drafts

Feels like the Bengals made good lateral moves replacing Marvin Jones with a similar player in Boyd and drafting a guy to take help keep the Secondary strong. They may not be happy with Dennard's progress. They got to two steals in Billings and Westerman shoring up an always strong DL and OL. They seem to draft an athletic LB like Vigil every year but Maualuga continues to (somehow) hold them off. The last two guys seems like ST'ers.

Steelers filled their needs at DB but, imo, Burns and Davis may not be immediate contributors. Hargrave was a solid addition to the DL and should provide more interior pressure than McClendon. Hawkins is a swing guy and Matakevich should be a decent ST'er quickly.

Browns drafted A LOT of dudes. I think it was Mayock who describe it best saying something like "if you're going to hit on 50% of your picks, you'd rather it be 50% of 14 versus 50% of 7".

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    We have a chance chill dude, love CC but the Bengals have to win a playoff game at some point. Can't keep wasting all that wonderful talent.
    yup we see this yearly, wake me up when the talented Bengals win a playoff game

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    yup we see this yearly, wake me up when the talented Bengals win a playoff game

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I love their talent and they have become consistent winners but right now they are like the current version of the Los Angelos Clippers, both teams were sorry for a long time but have become consistent winners but still can't get over the hump and are cursed (Bengals can't win a playoff game and the Clippers can't get past the second round of the playoffs).

I think the AFC North got Stronger and all had a good draft for what they wanted.

Browns, yeah they needed everything, and starting over from bottom. At least, to me it felt like a different good vibe for them. Like Coleman, hopefully he has two bad games every year against us. They got alot of Players and hope it's starts well for Hue to teach and remodel the factory of sadness.

Cincy, well damn. I think they had a great draft. Didn't get one of top Wr's both , but i love Boyd. This is going to be a problem with the problem we already have with AJ. I was begging to move up before pick 55 , cause Boyd wasn't going past that for cincy. Williams, lmao Shitsburgh wanted badly, but they had good pick in taking him. I like their draft overall.
    Shitsburgh, these cocky fuckers , bet and knew they were going to without a doubt get Williams. Cincy stuck the middle finger at them. I think Burns was a reach and a panic pick for them. Davis well, it was a lengthy debate her about him so think Joe will still bombs away blow up Heinz field like Bane. I do like the Temple LB they grabbed. But D will still be a problem for them.

Ravens, we got protection for Joe. And Pass Rushers. I mean alot of them. Nice way to bring some talent and depth that we badly needed. Correa is second fav pick behind Stanley. Can't wait to see a passing 3rd down in presaeson to see this infusion of pass rushers get to hunting.
    Overall think AFC North got stronger as the Best Division in NFL.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    We have a chance chill dude, love CC but the Bengals have to win a playoff game at some point. Can't keep wasting all that wonderful talent.
    IDGAF what they do when they play other teams. My concern is that we can't make a play against them when we need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    IDGAF what they do when they play other teams. My concern is that we can't make a play against them when we need to.
    this man can help change that:

Don't hit me with the IDGAF again LOL LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Media does what it does best. Proclaim who they thought did well and vice versa. The additional signings will commence when some drafted players get cut before regular season. Long time till regular season thought, anything can happen off the field.
    I haven't looked at any of the media reports. I'm just going based on the players that I was familiar with and liked. That doesn't mean anything either but if I had to pick who did the best this year it would be the Bengals.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    That concerns me. Did we close the talent gap between us and them?
    That depends on Stanley and how many of those pass rushers pan out.

The biggest problem we always seem to have against the Bengals has been Joe vs their defense. Flacco has thrown 19 interceptions against the Bengals. His career QB rating against them is around 69. Did we solve that? No. Joe himself has to figure out Marvins defense. Marvin is the only constant this whole time. There have been different DCs and players but the same issue from Flacco. It's on him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    On paper the Bengals had the best draft of any team. You never know how these guys will turn out but they really seemed to a lot of excellent prospects.
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Everybody around here seems pretty happy. Our radio guy and a football guy he interviewed this morning were really bragging up the Ravens draft picks as well.
    The Bengals had my favorite draft considering they picked @ the #24 spot in all 7 rounds. I was hoping Wm Jackson would slip to #36, but your team wisely scooped him up in round 1. Their real shining moments for me came in rounds 4 and 5, picking Billings (DT) and Westerman (OG) who should have gone higher. Again, I was hoping to snag Billings with one of our 100 (LOL) 4th round selections. Great value. You also snared Tyler Boyd (WR), which rounds out an outstanding group of rookies. Color me impressed... Bc

To me, Bengals had a heck of a draft...again it seems.

Browns were simply "ok" to me. They did a HELL of a job though of loading up for what I think will be a much stronger draft next year with 2 firsts and 2 seconds.

Not impressed really at all with Pittsburgh's draft. Burns was ok, a little overdrafted IMHO, but you knew they were going with the top rated corner left when they were up. Davis, I think he's going to be a bust. I don't think he's physical enough for safety, and he was absolutely terrible at corner. I do like Hargrave though...I think he's a poor man's Jernigan.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That depends on Stanley and how many of those pass rushers pan out.

The biggest problem we always seem to have against the Bengals has been Joe vs their defense. Flacco has thrown 19 interceptions against the Bengals. His career QB rating against them is around 69. Did we solve that? No. Joe himself has to figure out Marvins defense. Marvin is the only constant this whole time. There have been different DCs and players but the same issue from Flacco. It's on him.
    Agree, no team has Joe's number like the Bengals. I don't understand it, but he has been an absolute turnover machine against them...they seem like the one team that really forces him to be patient. Their DL also seems to have our OL's number...I watch us play them, and we struggle running and protecting Joe...I don't see them normally have remotely as much success against other teams, even ones with inferior on paper OL's like Pittsburgh's.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Agree, no team has Joe's number like the Bengals. I don't understand it, but he has been an absolute turnover machine against them...they seem like the one team that really forces him to be patient. Their DL also seems to have our OL's number...I watch us play them, and we struggle running and protecting Joe...I don't see them normally have remotely as much success against other teams, even ones with inferior on paper OL's like Pittsburgh's.
    Joe played well against them in Baltimore this year, the lost in Baltimore was on the defense as they made Andy Dalton look like Joe Montana lol