Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A little inside info ...

Before I write this, I freely acknowledge the feelings behind posts like this because Im going to be uber vague ....

However, I have a friend who's fiancee works on the training staff. He just got a text from her and the text read "It's hell in here". My buddy thinks she is referring to the locker room situation.

Not good

Re: A little inside info ...

on one hand, I would hope after a loss like this they aren't chillin'.
    I just hope we don't get the why-don't-you-guys-pull-your-weight D vs O that we've long feared.
    I wonder if they're attempting a coup to remove Coach BB. at this point I think even the offense guys want him out of the way.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Not surprising at all, I believe it.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Well, it certainly was hell being in the stands watching that crap.

PP

If I'm the defense I refuse to take the field.

They played their asses off today, collectively. It was like the playoff game last year all over again.

Derrick Martin, Ronnie Prude and friggin Willie Gaston (who!??) were out there covering probably the most fearsom 3-some at WR in the NFL, and held them without a TD.

The offesne basically spit in their face.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    If I'm the defense I refuse to take the field.

They played their asses off today, collectively. It was like the playoff game last year all over again.

Derrick Martin, Ronnie Prude and friggin Willie Gaston (who!??) were out there covering probably the most fearsom 3-some at WR in the NFL, and held them without a TD.

The offesne basically spit in their face.

Agreed. Given the defense that took the field, and the fact that they 1) did not allow a touchdown, and 2) had to start in the 4th quarter on their own 31, 11, and 21 yard line only to give up field goals, they did all they could.

The offense failed yet again, and Brian Billick failed for allowing McNair to stay in the game as long as he did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    A 2) had to start in the 4th quarter on their own 31, 11, and 21 yard line only to give up field goals, they did all they could.
    They only had to run because it soaks up clock and they knew our 'O' wouldn't respond.....would you risk throwing the ball when leading 15-0 in the 4th quarter when you know our "O" sucks?

While I feel bad for the defense, at the same time, I dont. We invested lots of money and draft picks and free agents into this defense over the years, more than we didn't on the offense, at least until '05

The bottleneck of this offense is now McNair. It'd be easier to move on from this if players in the lockerroom weren't so high on him, especially players on defense.

At some point, everyone has to be seeing that McNair is, and has been, at the tail end of his career.

If the team, offense and defense, can just play for Boller they way they played for McNair last year, we have a chance, not at the playoffs, but at doing some damage 2nd half.

In any case, the team is going to be going through some wholesale changes soon.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Wow I'd love to see Rayray in the locker room after that joke of a game yesterday.Its like his D is giving its all to swim ashore,but the offense are tying their arms and legs together.And they are just sinking under the waves,and taking in water.

It must be hellishly frustrating for every member of that defense.But you have to keep it together and not go down DeAngelo Hall's road.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Hey santa.....I have one wish this year: a new head coach.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    Hey santa.....I have one wish this year: a new head coach.

FM
    That hires a competent OC, lets him do his job & keeps his hands out of the offense. Also, a complete retooling of our offensive playbook & the farewell to some players.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

it's bad enough to watch this team on TV...I feel sorry for the PSL holders that pay to watch this disaster. Gary Stein said you all deserve a credit back on what you paid this year...I would have to agree.

FM