Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Meet Ronnie Stanley, LT, Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Meh. Sums up how I feel about Stanley...Zzz...
    People said the same thing after the Ogden pick. Just about everyone wanted Phillips. I am not saying Stanley has the potential to be Ogden but taking a LT at the top of Rd 1 is not exciting but it can lock up one of the top 5 most important positions for a decade.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Given the way everything shook out Im cool with this. Actually close to pretty damn happy. Some of the final mocks had him going to SD at 3. I know Mayock isnt everyones favorite but he projects Stanley as a Tryon Smith type. Ill take that all day.

No secret I wanted Tunsil bad but there was getting to be a lot of smoke around him. To the point Id have been worried that hed be under Goddells microscope from Day 1. It could be nothing but is that a risk we wanted to take at 6? I don't know. Worst thing Ive seen about Stanley is a bunch of parking tickets. I can relate LOL.... that isnt too bad in comparison.

And yet again our #1 is someone we interviewed-met with personally. I guess we really weren't in on Buckner despite all the mocks and predictions.

Im officially on board. Looks like Joe has his legit long term blind side protection now.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Mayock " He's a dancing bear", now he's going to be a dancing Raven, LOL. Flacco should be happy if Stanley can handle his opposition. Love the fact it was a offensive player. Protecting the Ravens best chance to win is a no brainer, finally. SMH

Blog Entries

Surprised some people seem to have a problem with the position picked, especially after the disaster last year when Monroe couldn't play. Do you guys really want that to happen again? because they weren't getting this caliber player at LT in Rd 2-7 and they have no chance of acquiring one elsewhere at this point in the league year. Given that they would never pay FA prices for a premier LT, it's a no brainer to make they pick they did. Whether he pans out or not remains to be seen but I'm totally fine with the pick. It sucks that they couldn't get Ramsey but you can't make a team trade with you and giving up much more than they were offering for two spots would have been too much, especially when safety isn't a major need for the team at this time.

I'm ok with this pick...just ok.

Stanley can potentially be a Tyron Smith/ type of guy hopefully and that's a good, pro bowl LT player. I do think Tunsil has potential to be a Walter Smith type, but I understand why we removed him from the board. The disappointment was just from how so many of us were hoping for more of a flashy, impact player, and we all know that while great LT's are indeed impactful, it's impactful from the fact that you don't notice them if you know what I mean. But if Stanley is a pro bowl LT, we'll all forget about being disappointed.

FWIW, I and many of us felt the same way about Ed Reed back in 2002.

I wasn't all that high on Buckner, but obviously he would have been more exciting. Sucks about Jack, I think he will be an awesome player, but he was really stupid to admit that he will need microfracture, leave that up to the doctors youngster. Wish Dallas would have made the trade, they likely would have gotten their guy anyway at 6.

Got to find a pass rusher/corner tonight somehow, someway.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'm ok with this pick...just ok.

Stanley can potentially be a Tyron Smith/ type of guy hopefully and that's a good, pro bowl LT player. I do think Tunsil has potential to be a Walter Smith type, but I understand why we removed him from the board. The disappointment was just from how so many of us were hoping for more of a flashy, impact player, and we all know that while great LT's are indeed impactful, it's impactful from the fact that you don't notice them if you know what I mean. But if Stanley is a pro bowl LT, we'll all forget about being disappointed.

FWIW, I and many of us felt the same way about Ed Reed back in 2002.

I wasn't all that high on Buckner, but obviously he would have been more exciting. Sucks about Jack, I think he will be an awesome player, but he was really stupid to admit that he will need microfracture, leave that up to the doctors youngster. Wish Dallas would have made the trade, they likely would have gotten their guy anyway at 6.

Got to find a pass rusher/corner tonight somehow, someway.

One thing watching videos last night showed me about STanley. Once he locks on to a defender its over. He doesn't let up and has great balance.

He wasn't the sexy pick but he was the best Character and position player avaialable. I am happy protecting joe and shipping Monroes Pot smoking ass out is a priority.

I am a happy fan so far today

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    If Stanley can't beat out Monroe at LT, slide him in at LG and let him improve his core strength, run blocking, and acclimating to the pro game.
    I think it's never a bad thing to let a LT play a year at G if he isn't ready to man the edge yet.
    Agreed. It can't hurt to be covered up on both sides as you start your first game as a pro. Stanley is also very mobile and pulls with the best of them. If/when Monroe gets hurt, Stanley moves over and we plug somebody at guard rather than holding our breath every snap with Hurst playing LT.

Blog Entries

I just saw the video BR posted when they called Stanley.

Id agree. that was rather somber compared to years past when you actually saw them jump up and ear to ear smiles and high fives. They were not that happy with this pick, even if I do think this was a good one. apparently they liked Buckner just as much or more, but went with Stanley because they dont trust Monroe.

Thanks Monroe, didnt get the guy I wanted because of your unreliability.

They should show the room when Ramsey was selected...
    -JAB

Blog Entries

My thoughts are #1 - they're not putting this guy at guard, forget that shit. #2 - I don't think anybody will trade for Monroe, they'll have to cut him.

Brian McFarland@RavensSalaryCap 12h12 hours ago
    Monroe's release would create $2.1M in Cap space if cut prior to 6/1 (all dead $ in '16) or $6.5M if cut after June 1 w/ $4.4M dead $ in '17

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I really kind don't like Monroe at all now.

Have to draft a redundant guy because Monroe can't do his job.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I really kind don't like Monroe at all now.

Have to draft a redundant guy because Monroe can't do his job.
    If he wasnt already, hes certainly on my shit list now.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Watching the press conference, harbs and co. seemed pretty subdued to me.

Didn't look too happy.

I feel like they feel like I feel...this was a shit year to have a high pick.

They effectively admitted they talked to Dallas, which means they really wanted Ramsey. Stanley was the backup plan.

Once again Dallas fucks us, just like I knew they would.
    But hey it was great to beat SD wasn't it???