Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Just heard McNair's post game comments on 1300...

I had an unsettling feeling after last week that this would be the week and I even said as much...

Too bad the great ones normally hang on too long, ala Johnny U, Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, etc...

2. Re: Just heard McNair's post game comments on 1300...

well, why doesn't everyone stop spewing angry and hateful words at the poor guy! I hear it on the radio and I am just sick of it! I'm sure he hears it too....I do believe he is still injured and that is the reason he's done for the year! I'd still want him as my back up QB...I love the guy and I think it takes a true man to say what he said ...Steve McNair is a true warrior:D

3. Re: Just heard McNair's post game comments on 1300...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Feel bad for him? Maybe if he donated his game check to a refund for fans who paid for tickets to see his sorry play.
    hey man, you take a chance when you pay out the money:insane: ...Just be glad we have a team to root for
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 11-14-2007 at 11:50 PM.

It is truly sad to witness what we are seeing. I've got all the respect in the world for McNair. Hell, I love the guy. I've even got a bit of hope that its not totally over for him. I just don't want to see the experiment take place while my team loses games and wastes another year of great defense.

The truly intriguing part is McNair's contract. I hope there is some kind of clause in it to recoup some cap space. Was the thing really 5 years? Who thought for a second the McNair had more than 2-3 years in him when we brought him in?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    It is truly sad to witness what we are seeing. I've got all the respect in the world for McNair. Hell, I love the guy. I've even got a bit of hope that its not totally over for him. I just don't want to see the experiment take place while my team loses games and wastes another year of great defense.

The truly intriguing part is McNair's contract. I hope there is some kind of clause in it to recoup some cap space. Was the thing really 5 years? Who thought for a second the McNair had more than 2-3 years in him when we brought him in?
    From a business stand point, you just bench him. Once he's benched, you hope he he either stays on as a mentor or retires.

McNair has been good to this team, and it's been from what I'm just reading not just on the field:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,2644467.story

And he has now had the advantage of veteran tutelage the past two seasons he was denied the previous three. Those around the team agree McNair's presence has speeded Boller's growth. And, Boller said, McNair's public support of him as his backup -- even last Sunday, when McNair came out of that horrendous game against Cincinnati and said he was comfortable with Boller replacing him -- made a difference.

"It means a lot to me, because he doesn't have to say that," Boller said. "That's not something he has to say to you [media] guys or anybody. So having a relationship like that with a guy, that means we're together, and that's important. It's a healthy relationship, and it's good for our offense."

How good, we're about to find out.

Boller insists the game has "slowed down" for him more and more each season. Teammates swear they see McNair's calm in the face of crisis rubbing off on Boller, a welcome change from the frantic, rattled style he showed off so much before. Plus, it's painfully obvious that, physically, there are things Boller now does better than McNair.
    I've said this since we signed McNair. Even IF he is no longer physically a serviceable QB, his presence here affects Kyle Boller too. And if Boller does finally click and succeed as a Ravens QB, then I give a LOT of that credit to Steve McNair.

I told Rob Long a month ago, and posted here that I thought the front office wasn't really ready to give up on Boller yet, and bringing in McNair was one last effort to make up for the mistake they made in rushing Boller on the field with no one to "mentor" him.

Anyway, I know McNair has lost his abilities physically. But I still think he has done a lot for the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I've said this since we signed McNair. Even IF he is no longer physically a serviceable QB, his presence here affects Kyle Boller too. And if Boller does finally click and succeed as a Ravens QB, then I give a LOT of that credit to Steve McNair.
    Agreed. And it down right confuses me when I see posters who swear just the opposite is true.