Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just heard McNair's post game comments on 1300...

Wow...

To paraphrase after being asked about how he played and whether he will get the start next week...

"this is the lowest point of my career...the INT and strip were bad breaks while trying to make plays and really frustrating after driving the ball well on those drives...We just can't put the ball in the end zone...At least thankfully Kyle got the ball in the end zone in the last 2 minutes...I don't know what is going on this year, last year we got all the breaks, this year we aren't getting any...I don't know what the coaches will do as far as the starter next week...I'm killing this football team with TO's right now and if I were a coach I might make the decision to go with Kyle myself...All I can think of to do is to just work hard.

This was all said with a terribly depressing tone and you can't help but feel bad for the man personally and as a man that really is doing all he can but just can't do it anymore.

I felt bad listening to it because he really sounds like a beaten man and You know the pride that he has. But you can't have your QB talking like that expecting to be a leader.

You have to take him out.

Re: Just heard McNair's post game comments on 1300...

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Wow...

To paraphrase after being asked about how he played and whether he will get the start next week...

"this is the lowest point of my career...the INT and strip were bad breaks while trying to make plays and really frustrating after driving the ball well on those drives...We just can't put the ball in the end zone...At least thankfully Kyle got the ball in the end zone in the last 2 minutes...I don't know what is going on this year, last year we got all the breaks, this year we aren't getting any...I don't know what the coaches will do as far as the starter next week...I'm killing this football team with TO's right now and if I were a coach I might make the decision to go with Kyle myself...All I can think of to do is to just work hard.

This was all said with a terribly depressing tone and you can't help but feel bad for the man personally and as a man that really is doing all he can but just can't do it anymore.

I felt bad listening to it because he really sounds like a beaten man and You know the pride that he has. But you can't have your QB talking like that expecting to be a leader.

You have to take him out.
    Huge props to McNair for being man enough to admit it. He is, and always has been, a class act.

When all this emotion dies down, I think everyone here will agree what we are witnessing on the field this season is not the the Steve McNair we have all grown to respect.

Instead we are witnessing a former great QB at the end of a great career and it it just kills me his legacy is being tarnished in this way. :(

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

The guy has been a warrior.But he has just fought too many battles,and his body isn't where it used to be.So he has no answer on how to make his body work like it used to when he was younger.He is reaching too far.

That's why I rated McNair over Grbac,due to his attitude.Class,a warrior,
    and giving his all for the team.

Big thumbs up to Steve saying this,and it lifts a load off of Billicks shoulders.

Steve you are class,mother nature has just caught up with you.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Did he mention anything about refunding some of the tremendous money he is being payed to play like this?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Huge props to McNair for being man enough to admit it. He is, and always has been, a class act.

When all this emotion dies down, I think everyone here will agree what we are witnessing on the field this season is not the the Steve McNair we have all grown to respect.

Instead we are witnessing a former great QB at the end of a great career and it it just kills me his legacy is being tarnished in this way. :(
    wow...exactly what I were thinking. I only wish Coach BB had seen this coming.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Feel bad for him? Maybe if he donated his game check to a refund for fans who paid for tickets to see his sorry play.

Hearing those comments I feel bad for him. He's had a great career. But maybe he's really starting to realize that career is over. And I don't doubt for a minute this isn't how he wanted to go out.

But there is a realism involved and McNair hit it on the head. He's killing the team. He is costing them games, and he may have just cost the Ravens the playoffs. Maybe it's time for him to step aside. I would have great respect for him if he did that. Come out and say that he feels he needs to step back and let Kyle take the team, and he ould do everything he can to help Kyle succeed. It would show great class and courage, and would give him someone to truly mentor from behind the scenes like he would have done with Vince Young in Tennessee.

That's a far off pipe-dream I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Rack that......It is not personal.....I know many times it comes out like it is but, his time has past and that is a hard thing for all of us to take!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Perhaps pictures really do speak a thousand words:

McNair is Not a quitter. Yes, he knows he is hurting the team. It's just amazing that the head coach has not seen this coming. He stays with QBs too long, and this is just another example. We probably have witnessed the last game in this great QBs career.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Perhaps pictures really do speak a thousand words:

Hey, did you read in the game program that McNair takes a nap an hour before the game? That's the problem, he's still half asleep when the game starts!!! This pic looks like he's still in his pre game nap. Elvis was done after the "crying picture", is Steve done after the "sleeping picture"?

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Thumbs down Re: Just heard McNair's post game comments on 1300...

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    . We probably have witnessed the last game in this great QBs career.

I sure hope so .....
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).