Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: R.I.P. Trap (aka Air Flacco)

RIP Mr Trap

RIP Trap. My condolences to his family.

As most posters here, I had my go-rounds with Trap, especially on RavensTalk.com. Some of them were epic. But the guy was passionate and knew his Baltimore sports history like no other.

Blog Entries

Peace out brother Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Those stories just made me laugh. I think that's what I liked about Trap. Just didn't give a shit what anyone else thought (especially half of us of our opinions on the Ravens).

Gotta love him for it.
    Yep.

I'm sure he is in heaven now pissing someone off with his irritating formatting of posts and his stubborn views on the Ravens. He certainly was old school and really did add flavor to the board. He's probably having a beer with Admiral Akbar right now (long time posters will get that one.)

Trap and I had tangled more than once. I won't pretend I always LIKED Trap, but I always respected his love for this city and team.

Enjoy the luxury seats in the afterlife Trapper, just try not to start a fight with any deceased Steelers while you're up there.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Yep.

I'm sure he is in heaven now pissing someone off with his irritating formatting of posts and his stubborn views on the Ravens.
    Really, because I heard he checked out when he heard there was a job opening with his skill set at the other place!

Blog Entries

Condolences to George's family. I was in the UK over the weekend and the first thing that came up on my phone when it reconnected at Philadelphia Airport was that Trap had passed away.

I knew him personally although I haven't seen him since 2008 when I was visiting my wife's elderly Grandmother in a nursing home. I was wandering the hallways looking for a soda machine when I heard the unmistakable dulcet tones of Trap yelling "Hey Admin Steve" followed by a list of complaints about Mista T or Bruce Cunningham or maybe both.

I never did ask him why he was in there but he would have only been 60 then, poor fellow.

He was in my Ravens Nest for many years and he certainly knew his Baltimore sports history and whenever we had a guest speaker, he would raise his hand and shout: "I have a question with a two part follow up".

RIP mate.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Blog Entries

One of our (many) PMs - December 2014 :

Originally Posted by BcRaven
    Hey Trap, remember back in May when you wanted to leave the board? Now you're a well respected poster. Go figure (?)
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !
    ... Bc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea,

That's right pal. I posted that I thought I would get the most red bulbs. I'm tied for most green-lol.

I always knew I had pals like you on the board which is why I stayed. Fuck Lobie. This proves nobody
    pays attention to him.

And thanks about suggesting writing the book. Everyone loved those old stories but that damn T
    who is a friend said they had errors which weren't true but I gave him a red bulb and now his
    name is lit up in red and he's a mod. Then he gets mad at me when I said he had more meds than
    me after telling me to get off meds. I don't have any and said he how was in hospital for 90 days
    after heart surgery. He's the same age as me and I've never had surgery. Never been cut on.

Oh, well, such is life on the message board. It keeps me going.

Thanks again.

TRAP

Always willing to engage and talk, (or argue) with anyone. I had quite a few good chats with this guy.

RIP Trap
    "How do we know he is not Mel Tormé?"

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Speaking of hot tub incursions, Trap hopped into mine (during one of our Ravens parties) with his clothes on since he didn't bring a bathing suit to swim or soak. He dried off some while sitting on the deck talking but he went home wet. And when he hopped in there were 5-6 other people already in there. LOL. That displaced a good bit of water.

I certainly had my run-ins with Trap and he had the impression I didn't like him or want him at my Ravens parties, which was not true. I maybe could have done with 10% less Trap (LOL) but I think we all welcomed him here and on road trips. Never saw him sans clothes in a hot tub here or on the road, I am glad MistaT got that pleasure and not me.

First time I met him was in AZ in 2000. That was the first time I heard his iconic "SUUUUUUUPER BOWL!" chant, which didn't seem so likely at the moment, but he called it.

And we can see the other side of Trap in his eulogy as well, he enjoyed people and shared his love and time with them.

He will be missed.

I wish I had it recorded so you could hear it because the text just does not do his crackling, breaking voice credit, but one last time.

SUUUUUUUUUPER BOWL!

RIP Trap. I loved reading his stories, I'll miss them. My condolences to his friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
    RIP Trap. I loved reading his stories, I'll miss them. My condolences to his friends and family.
    His stories man - I swear he had a boilerplate he copied and pasted from sometimes because he would tell the SAME entire story with the ALL CAPS in the same place each time. We seemed to have the same brand of humor though which is why I was bummed he hadn't been around for a while.