Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So...What now...?

If it wasn't apparent last week in that embarassment, it certainly is now.

This team is done...it's over for this year.

I'm sure we will hear the BS "we'll be ready next week...McNair is my starter...we will work hard this week"...from Billick.

It all goes in one ear and out the other now...and for me, it has been for a couple years now.

What happens this year now? I think we'll struggle to win more than 2 more games this year. Look at this schedule:

Sunday, Nov. 18, vs. Cleveland Browns, 1 p.m.
    Sunday, Nov. 25, at San Diego Chargers, 4:15 p.m.
    Monday, Dec. 3, vs. New England Patriots, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
    Sunday, Dec. 9, vs. Indianapolis Colts, 8:15 p.m. (NBC)
    Sunday, Dec. 16, at Miami Dolphins, 1 p.m.
    Sunday, Dec. 23, at Seattle Seahawks, 4:15 p.m.
    Sunday, Dec. 30, vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m.

While I will never root against my team, and I will always at the very least watch the games on TV no matter what...its like a bad drug at this point. But you have to look to the future now.

What do we do with McNair? It is apparent to everyone in the world at this point that he needs to be gone after this year. Take the cap hit and move on. Then what do we do with the QB spot? Boller should have this year and most of next to see what we've got there...he shows improvement, but he still struggles with consistancy and winning on the road. Assuming we finish with 4-6 wins, we probably will have a top 10 pick...do we take Brian Brohm or Matt Ryan if there are there? I think so.

What about the cap and age of this team? Time to bite the bullet with McNair, Rolle and say goodbye to JO. CMac needs to soon start transitioning to S. MAybe dangle Mason in a trade...Lets see what DWill and Clayton can do as the starters and get a WR with speed in here...one that doesn't drop every other ball.

The rest of this year is pure eval of the youngsters IMHO...I'd like to see Boller, DWill, Clayton, the young OL, and see if Derrick Martin can improve after a bad start.

Lets see what we have and move on from there for the offseason...cause this season is over.

Re: So...What now...?

Terps basketball at 8 on ESPNU.

I agree with the majority of your post. I am not sold on Brohm or especially Ryan. I would rather see a dual threat QB and run more of a spread offense. Like Dennis Dixon or someone like him. Willis already runs out of 1 back sets, so I dont think it is too far fetched.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

I'd like to see the Ravens go after "just get on with the job at hand player".
    Rather than the "chest thumping player".If it means a total overhaul so be it.
    I'd rather see a team moving in the right direction,than spinning round on the spot and getting nowhere.

The team needs a new feel and a new approach. What the Ravens have has become very stale and oldhat.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

I agree RavenTD. Face-lift is needed. How to actually do that though is not so easy.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

If I was Bisciotti, every time I saw Billick in the hallways of One Winning Drive, I would ask him one question "Are you resigning today?".

I would keep asking him until he finally does quit.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If I was Bisciotti, every time I saw Billick in the hallways of One Winning Drive, I would ask him one question "Are you resigning today?".

I would keep asking him until he finally does quit.
    BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

No playoffs for sure so why not evaluate for next season. McNair should sit for the rest of the year....start Boller. Neuhisel should take over play calling.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Biscuit is as much as a fan as any of us are.This shit must be eating the hell out of him.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Neuhisel should take over play calling.
    Who says he's better than Billick? Hell, he might be WORSE. Neuheisel hasn't proven dick.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Who says he's better than Billick? Hell, he might be WORSE. Neuheisel hasn't proven squat.
    maybe he can't be an NFL coordinator and maybe he can. only one way to find out.
    agree wi Bez and Woodlawn. Sit McNair, start Boller, see what Neuheisel can do, minimize DMason's minutes. Can Devard Darling play at this level? Can KBoll? QuinnSpz? only one way to find out. and we all know we aren't going to any playoffs this year anyway.
    wouldn't bother me a bit if BB goes. I appreciate what he's done, admire him as a person, respect him as a coach, have supported him over the years, but it's obvious this isn't working.
    maybe make Rex interim coach?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

It's time for a "retooling" if not outright rebuilding. JO, McNair, Rolle, Flynn and others should be jettisoned after the season. Granted, JO and Rolle will probably retire. The rest should be released or traded.

The Ravens need a new coach and new direction. The penalties and lack of execution are killing this team. The Ravens just don't seem hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Who says he's better than Billick? Hell, he might be WORSE. Neuheisel hasn't proven dick.
    Who's to say he isn't? How can this be any worse...be serious. What do we have lose in giving him a shot?
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998