Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Billick's postgame comments on McNair

To hear the boos as the offense comes on the field is just embarrassing. On the monitors outside in the concourse you could hear the internal play-by-play crew talk about it. And when Boller came in it was like a heroes welcome.

McNair had to have heard the crowd reaction. Billick had to have heard the crowd reaction. He is playing with fire.

And I'll say this. I don't give a shit what Ray and the others think about Boller playing over McNair. If they don't see that McNair is costing them games, then it's because they don't WANT to. If putting Boller into the game as the starter is going to cause some sort of mutiny, then I say it's time for those players who feel that way to get the fuck out too.

I didn't think I could be more angry than I was last Monday night. But to watch the same exact offense run at home against the worst defense in the league kills me more. By the second half we were playing EXACTLY like we were in Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I don't give a shit what Ray and the others think about Boller playing over McNair.
    Did I miss something? When did Ray speak bad about Boller????

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

It does make you wonder what the offense gets upto during the week.
    If this was week 1 or 2 then hey,but this is week 10 mid November for crying out loud.

The swagger,the home field advantage.Its all gone down the shitter.It means
    nothing anymore,because this offense stinks.And the defense is banged up.

If you rely on a defense to bail you out year in year out.And that defense isn't there.Then your team will face plant into the ground with no backup plan.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

To be fair, Billick was asked the question at the post game presser. He said Mcnair is his starter right now, but evaluations were yet to come. I highly doubt McNair starts next week.

There is no way in hell McNair starts next week.

Only the blind couldn't see it, two colossal steaming piles within 6 days. 6 turnovers, or was it 7?

McNair is finished as a starter here unless Boller goes down.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

It is hard for me to understand how the Ravens defense can hang in there possession after possession loss and still do a decent job of limiting the opposition to field goals. It says a lot for them. How long can they keep that up in the face of Bulluck and his offense showing up for 3 and out or six and out?

McNair is over the hill and the world recognizes it...Oh, sorry, the world minus 1.

How can the Ravens owner put up with this shit much longer. He appears to be a patient man. But Jeez, Billick has him over a barrell with the salary contract. I'll bet Biscotti wishes he had never issued Billick's extension contract..

I'm Pissed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    There is no way in hell McNair starts next week.

Only the blind couldn't see it, two colossal steaming piles within 6 days. 6 turnovers, or was it 7?

McNair is finished as a starter here unless Boller goes down.
    Yard said it.
    bench McNair. give Neuheisel play-calling. if BB won't do these, dump him. we still have 2 night games upcoming; I surely don't want us to look like this again on natl tv. I think how we embarrassed the Packers on MNF a few years ago; that's what we'd look like at this point.
    I have to think Coach BB is just too proud too give up the reins; he can't be so stupid that he doesn't realize just how bad things are.
    and I appreciate his loyalty to veterans, but when the time comes, you have to sit them; it's the nature of pro sports. I remember Earl Weaver said the hardest thing he ever did was send up a pinch-hitter for Boog Powell. Boog helped him get to 3 World Series (winning one)...and now he has to say 'you can't do it anymore'. lots of coaches have kept their teams together and watched them get ourun and outdone in the end.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

I'm just hoping Biscotti and Newsome have their eye on this and start to demand action. McNair HIMSELF said Kyle might be the right answer for us. At some point, Billick needs to see that to, or the FO needs to tell him to shake things up or go. Seriously, the offense today looked just awful...all around. Some dropped passes which caused our offensive woes in the first half, a few McGahee runs where he didn't have good blocking, and then definitley all our TOs in the 2nd half (1 was a KO which was just BAD, another was a McGahee fumble...rest of the TOs were due to McNair).

The defense should get a grade of a B for this one...Yes, it's pretty spectacular that they shut out the Bengals O with 2 starters and 2 backups injured, but they let them move too well on a lot of drives...The D was responsible for the two FGs in the first half, half responsible for #3 (Ravens fumble recovered at our 45, so they still moved 50 yards down field), and responsible for FG #4 (started at our 37, moved 46 yards). On those 4 drives, the Bengals had 237 total yards. Granted, it's still an incredible performance, but our "shutdown" D was more of a "bend don't break" D. Also, we had NOTHING for sacks...we had a couple nice pressures, but Carson just rolled out and found a receiver in the flat.

That said, when you compare that our O did nothing with all healthy starters, and the D put up an above average performance against a strong offense with a crippled secondary, you can see where we need to fix things.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Did I miss something? When did Ray speak bad about Boller????
    The implication from some is that Ray and others still think McNair is the better option at QB, and that somehow there would be a locker room mutiny if Billick benched McNair for Boller.

This may no longer be true after this week though. But even if it isn't, I no longer care.

Wink Re: Billick's postgame comments on McNair

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    But even if it isn't, I no longer care.
    Agree. And if there is a mutiny, I'd walk all the mutineers off the plank. :hammer:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).