We stopped the run!

Whooo-hoo! What a fucking embarrassment. :bag: :bag: :bag:
    I am probably the most optimistic purple glasses wearing person I know. But man, negativity is certainly deserved from the past 2 games especially.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Re: We stopped the run!

When you start laughing at the Keystone cops pretending to be the Raven offense you know things are pretty dire.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Defensively I think the Pittsburgh game was much more embarrassing. This one was about the offense imho.

Cornerback position and Offense is the undoing of this season. I think I am going to try calling in sick to work for the next month. When my boss asks what is wrong, I will tell him "it is undisclosed". I tease of course. How odd is it though that I actually said the words " I miss Rolle" ?
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

This game was similar to the Indy playoff game last year. Even with the backup DB's we kept a potent passing attack out of the endzone. The offense shoots itself in the foot (and the other foot, then the knee caps) and we have no chance. There is NO excuse for that against a pathetic D like Cinci.

Why did we abandon the run again so early? Sure we were down, but it just seemed that we went to the "air attack" prematurely. Maybe it was just my imagination.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

We definitely abandoned the run too early, as we nearly always do. That is pretty much the playoff game we lost to Indy last year too. Whoever it was that said this game was very similar to that game was dead on! Potent passing attack held to field goals only. No offense generated on our behalf whatsoever, though.

The thing is that our passing game is SO BAD that we are forced into abandoning the run. Defences are not afraid of getting beat over the top so they are all close to the line of scrimmage. 8, 9 guys in the box means you need to pass. The problem is we can't run a route and complete a pass to the seam or a deep out to force the safeties back. As long as opposing safeties are allowed to cheat so far up the field we will have a hard tume moving the ball.