Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Kyle Boller dirts practice pass ....

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    I really cannot see McNair starting now after his comments backing Kyle to start.It makes it easier on Billick to make the switch.
    The troubling point here is that this is something Billick should've done by start of the second half, AT THE LATEST. He shouldn't have kept McNair in for that long. If this was a fight, the referee would've called it a TKO. A second example was the playoff loss to Pittsburgh several years back - BB should've replaced Grbac at the start of the second half with Cunningham, and he refused. McNair is essentially telling BB when to make the change - the coach should be making this sort of decision.

Honestly, one thing I'm sick of is worry about practice with this team.

It doesn't matter if you practice well, or poorly, I need to see something on gameday.

I kept hearing McNair was fresher and his arm was live in practice. That's obviously either a lie OR he was throwing against our defense when it's jogging around 1/4 speed

Likewise with Boller, I dont care if he's played well or shitty in practice, or if he dirts a practice ball on national TV. If he can get points, play him, if not, whatever.

Look at John Kitna on the lions. Regularly throws INTs and loses fumbles, but also regularly puts up Multi-TD performances.

With this defense, I'd rather have that than what we've been seeing.

You play the game to win, not to not-lose. Even the best QBs out there make turnovers, the key is do they put up enough points to win, period.

I wouldn't care if McNair was turning over so much if he was leading us to 20+ points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    I think once Boller starts again it will be just a matter of time (probably a game or two at the most) that all of these message boards will be clamoring for Troy Smith. The fact is the Ravens have no legitimate starting NFL QB on the roster any more. Is Jeff George still around? He always could at least get the ball downfield and throw an accurate screen pass, which is something McBoller can't do.
    Tex, you just don't give up do you? What sense would bringing in a wash-out do? We already did that. We need a qb for the future, not now! Now is over!!! Kyle should play every game so we can see that he is/ is not the future qb. Then we need to get lucky and draft a qb who actually pans out! It's been done before! (By all the teams but the ravens) .We know what you think of Boller.. but being objective has nothing to do with being spiteful!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I kept hearing McNair was fresher and his arm was live in practice.
    Actually he was, he was actually throwing further than 5 yards downfield yesterday, he was not in Pittspuke. The thing is, he just doesn't have an NFL arm anymore. He can throw 30-40 yards but he doesn't have the needed zip.

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    Better on the sidelines than on the field. To follow that practice grounder with a pick though... hmmm. At least he moved the ball. I am running out of straws to grab for.
    He had no choice but to force that pass. Down three TDs with seven minutes left, he had to try to score quickly to give us any chance to come back. In a different situation, he likely doesn't throw there.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    He had no choice but to force that pass. Down three TDs with seven minutes left, he had to try to score quickly to give us any chance to come back. In a different situation, he likely doesn't throw there.
    And then turned right around and instead of going haywire like he might have done in the past, he went right back to the air and led the team on a touchdown drive.

So in 1 and 1/6th of a game, Boller has led the team on three touchdown drives. McNair.....zero.

I refuse to outright bash McNair, or call him names like our less mature posters who thought Rick Neuheisal should share blame for the playcalling, but it is apparent who right now gives the team a better chance to win.

And McNair doesn't have to slink away. He has a chance to teach Boller from the sidelines what he hasn't had in the years he's been playing here. He can help Boller become the QB most people hoped he's be.