Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Whitner over Webb at safety for Ravens?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's sad how little faith we have in Pees
    Based on past history is there really any other logical choice at this time?
    Like Smoove said....it is what it is until history changes course and proves otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Hiring Frazier to work under Pees is just Harbaugh's way of trying to dress up a Pig.
    Pretty damn good analogy right there.:word
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    Pees wants his safeties to be interchangeable to disguise coverage, so the notion of having a thumper and a centerfielder doesn't really jive with what they are trying to do.
    Disguise? In this defense?

I think you are right, that is the intention. It just doesn't fool anyone

Bring whitner in for low money, if he signs, try him out. Best 53 should start the regular season. The rest go to PS and others hit the road. Been like that every year. We get to see if Harbaugh and his coaches field better players then we had last year. If whitner wins a spot he deserves it. Not seeing Webb last a whole season at safety with his injury history.

As far as Frazier, he'll have to prove he can coach by taking last years players and making them better. And working with Pees as his boss, LOL.I don't cheer for any of the additions far this year, really not sure what my happen.

Seems funny to talk about Webb at safety, after many years of posters saying it won't happen. Seems like some posters had this vision years ago, LOL, I didn't think it would happen, hoping this isn't a desperate move on the Ravens part. Putting a square peg into a round whole has never worked.

What's holding up a Ravens FO move on Whitner may be Terrence Brooks. Brooks is the safety they are counting on to show up and develop this preseason. That hit he laid on Delanie Walker in 2014 was magnificent. Brooks has the physical tools and still has a chance to become a real starter in the course of this year or next. Expectations for Elam are lower, of course.

If Jim Harbaugh gave a thumbs down, that would have weight too, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    What's holding up a Ravens FO move on Whitner may be Terrence Brooks. Brooks is the safety they are counting on to show up and develop this preseason. That hit he laid on Delanie Walker in 2014 was magnificent. Brooks has the physical tools and still has a chance to become a real starter in the course of this year or next. Expectations for Elam are lower, of course.
    I've long thought that this was what they intended for Brooks. So far he hasn't been able to crack the lineup, but if he can develop into that role I'd certainly prefer that over a guy like Whitner.

Here we go....