Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Thomas

Joe Thomas

Speculation is that he might be available for a trade? Would you consider it, and at what cost. I would guess it would be prohibitive in that you would have to trade picks and pay him to but would give up a 3rd this year and a fourth next in next years draft. What say you!!

Blog Entries

Re: Joe Thomas

Browns won't trade to an in-conference rival. Not happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

You saw this on Baltimoreravens.com, right? I just don't see the Browns trading him to us. Besides he's 32 already and makes too much money. I'm surprised they actually posted that on BR.com
    "How do we know he is not Mel Tormé?"

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Browns won't trade to an in-conference rival. Not happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even if they would, they wouldn't give him up for a 3rd and a future 4th. Especially not to a division rival.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Joe Thomas - T - Browns

Browns EVP of football operations Sashi Brown said the team is not planning to trade LT Joe Thomas.
    There have been rumblings Cleveland's roster teardown could include trading the six-time All-Pro. "Our plan is not to trade Joe Thomas," Brown said. "He'll be our left tackle." Brown left some wiggle room by using the word plan. While it may be true Cleveland is not planning a trade right now, those plans could change if the right offer comes in or Thomas decides to force his way out of yet another roster rebuild. Thomas has played every snap since the Browns made him the No. 3 overall pick in the 2007 draft.

Blog Entries

One of those very rare draft choices the Browns got right. You know the blind squirrel and the nut. This poor (no, not in the $ sense) guy is a high achiever on a 3rd rate team. Browns players are bailing out like...

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...HsizmwGttbWQBw

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    "Thomas has played every snap since the Browns made him the No. 3 overall pick in the 2007 draft."
    That's pretty impressive right there!

As others have said, ain't no way they're trading him for a 3rd and a 4th, and definitely not to us regardless of what we offered unless it was something so wreckless we'd all be lined up at the front door of 1 Winning drive with protest signs looking for Ozzies head.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Joe Thomas - T - Browns

Browns EVP of football operations Sashi Brown said the team is not planning to trade LT Joe Thomas.
    There have been rumblings Cleveland's roster teardown could include trading the six-time All-Pro. "Our plan is not to trade Joe Thomas," Brown said. "He'll be our left tackle." Brown left some wiggle room by using the word plan. While it may be true Cleveland is not planning a trade right now, those plans could change if the right offer comes in or Thomas decides to force his way out of yet another roster rebuild. Thomas has played every snap since the Browns made him the No. 3 overall pick in the 2007 draft.
    My gut says that if the Titans don't take Tunsil, Clowns are all over him in a New York Minute
    Then they trade Thomas, their 2nd rd and whatever to get back into the first for a QB
    Remember they did this when they drafted Joe Thomas in the first place (2007 3rd pick overall)
    They traded with Dallas to get back in at 22 and took Brady Quinn.
    They also did it in 2014 when they took Justin Gilbert at #8, then traded with Philly to move up to #22 to take Johnny Stupid (traded a 1st and 3rd, the 1st was Indy for Richardson)

So their plans now are not to trade him, but I bet if Titans don't take Tunsil we will see a different plan swing into action.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    My gut says that if the Titans don't take Tunsil, Clowns are all over him in a New York Minute
    Then they trade Thomas, their 2nd rd and whatever to get back into the first for a QB
    Remember they did this when they drafted Joe Thomas in the first place (2007 3rd pick overall)
    They also did it in 2014 when they took Justin Gilbert at #8, then traded with Philly to move up to #22 to take Johnny Stupid (traded a 1st and 3rd, the 1st was Indy for Richardson)

So their plans now are not to trade him, but I bet if Titans don't take Tunsil we will see a different plan swing into action.
    Our #6 for Thomas and their #2? Huh? Am I misreading you?
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Our #6 for Thomas and their #2? Huh? Am I misreading you?
    Wasn't saying we trade ... was saying they trade

Wentz or Goff may be gettable for them at 15-20
    Heck Lynch and Cook may be there for them at #33

For them to move that high back into the 1st round (our 6th) it is going to take an RG3 type trade and which they will not have a 2016 1st rd .... if they manage to get back into the first in will be long after us, but do-able

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post

The Browns are taking a QB no matter what happens at #1. Those goes guys are going to go high. Blake Bortles went at #3 overall because of his position. Wentz and Goff might both get pushed into the top 5

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Browns are taking a QB no matter what happens at #1. Those goes guys are going to go high. Blake Bortles went at #3 overall because of his position. Wentz and Goff might both get pushed into the top 5
    Oh I hope so!
    we get elite talent if they do