Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is next ?

Blog Entries

Re: What is next ?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the Ravens signed Weddle, they likely lost that 3rd round pick, even if Upshaw signs elsewhere.

Weddle might not fully cancel out Osemele, but I think he cancels out the 3rd round nature of the pick.

Added Watson/Weddle (Wallace doesnt count since he was released)....lost Osemele, Schaub, and Upshaw (presumably).

I will admit that I don't fully understand all the ins and outs of the compensatory process, but my understanding was that Watson basically would cancel out Upshaw/Schaub, leaving a 3rd round pick for the Osemele. Once Weddle signed, that changed.
    I don't think they have lost it yet, they are discussing it in the player rumors thread right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I don't think they have lost it yet, they are discussing it in the player rumors thread right now.
    Yes. It sounds like they need both Upshaw and Canty to sign deals that pay them more than $1.1 million per year before early May to make it happen

Really can't see any blockbuster moves at this point. Things I could see us doing:
    1. Extend Tucker.
    2. Take a flyer or two on some releases - Bjoern Werner comes to mind as a possibility. Trent Richardson still a possibility I suppose. Vet min. type guys.

Other than that, they look to the draft. Any holes after the draft probably won't get addressed until Post-6/1.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Yea hopefully were done in terms of 'big" FA signings. I don't want to see us start getting too FA happy.... that's how you wind up like the Raiders and Browns.

Only thing Im thinking is next is having a lights out draft and find another uncut diamond or two in UDFA. Then shore up the depth with a couple low key moves.

Oh and getting Tuck and Big Brandon locked up would be ideal. Upshaw can go though.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This would be the best possible move!
    Or extend Justin Tucker. I see no reason to not give him a long term deal. Not to mention it would lower his cap number.

Blog Entries

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I'm new to the board ( :) )
    I'd like to see Upshaw resigned for a "reasonable" contract because I think many have underrated his edge/run support talent. Canty, "can't he" just retire? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted before, but I'm new to the board ( :) )
    I'd like to see Upshaw resigned for a "reasonable" contract because I think many have underrated his edge/run support talent. Canty, "can't he" just retire? ... Bc
    Canty is no longer on our team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk