Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: National Media sees McNair is done, why can't Newsome/Billick?

Yep, Green Bay has the "Johnny U isn't about to step down" syndrone. Favre's going to play until they have to carry him off the field.

Without question Baltimore is one of the hardest cities for a home-town team QB. Everyone is critical. Young fans don't get why the team can't seem to develop Tom Brady, Gerrard, Delhomme...and older fans keep seeing the old home-town greats.

We're a hard city to keep happy...especially when the entire town is spoiled with the most consistent great defense of the last decade. Why can't the offense be great too only follows.

It's time for a change of gears.

Wink Re: National Media sees McNair is done, why can't Newsome/Billick?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Tex, replacing McNair is nothing like Unitas, the town doesn't love McNair, except you. We appreciate his FORMER abilities and his steady hand last year, but he isn't even in the same zip code as Unitas as far as love from the fan base.
    Blasphemy! How can you mention McNair in the same sentence as Johnny U, Greg?

After McNair is gone (hopefully next year), he will be remembered by Baltimore fans (except Tex and his boys) about as fondly as Tony Banks, Stoney Case, or Elvis Grbac.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Actually he most likely will be remembered as the QB who led the Ravens to their best ever regular season record and a division title. Your boy Boller will be remembered with the rest of those clowns and losers you mentioned.
    First: the Defense which carried the Ravens to 13-3 is what will be remembered. How much did the mediocre Offense have to do with it? Many of our TDs last year were scored by the Defense. McNair will only be remembered only for fucking up the Super Bowl run by sucking so badly in the Colts playoff game. Oh, also for draining our salary cap.

Second: Boller is not "my boy". I'd go for starting another QB over him if we had someone better. Problem is, the other two guys don't have anything, so Boller is the only practical choice for this season.
    Last edited by Mista T; 11-10-2007 at 09:34 AM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I actually agree with Tex to a certain extent regarding Billick being in a bad situation here.
    It has little to do with any analogy with Johnny Unitas though.
    I think has more to do with the locker room.
    By all accounts that I've heard, the general concensus (sp?) is that the majority of the team feels that Mcnair gives them the best chance to win.
    If Billick benches Mcnair for Boller he risks dividing that locker room to an extent we probably haven't seen yet.
    I could almost see a mutiny transpiring.

This team is already in a real bad place.
    Benching the vets beloved warrior could cause a serious rift that I highly doubt anybody in Owings Mills wants to endure.

This is not a good situation to say the least!!

Just another reason IMO that I think Billicks time might be nearing the end.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

If McNair's arm is as dead as it appears the locker room will turn on him soon enough. He gets a pass for the rain, I guess. I have seen enough, the guy wasn't throwing downfield early in the season in warm, dry weather, so Monday was no surprise to me.

And Ted, do you have Tex on ignore or are you just not reading his stuff (don't blame you if so). I was only responding to HIM putting Unitas and McNair together.

But they paid Quinn pretty darn well. I dont think they can afford two big pay checks at the QB position.
    This doesn't matter, only a loon would let a proven QB go for a rookie with a lot of potential. I wouldn't call Anderson proven yet but if he continues to perform solidly for the rest of the year Quinn will be traded and Anderson locked up long term. Savage isn't an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If McNair's arm is as dead as it appears the locker room will turn on him soon enough. He gets a pass for the rain, I guess. I have seen enough, the guy wasn't throwing downfield early in the season in warm, dry weather, so Monday was no surprise to me.

And Ted, do you have Tex on ignore or are you just not reading his stuff (don't blame you if so). I was only responding to HIM putting Unitas and McNair together.

This doesn't matter, only a loon would let a proven QB go for a rookie with a lot of potential. I wouldn't call Anderson proven yet but if he continues to perform solidly for the rest of the year Quinn will be traded and Anderson locked up long term. Savage isn't an idiot.
    Agreed. My point was they wont pay for both. Maybe we take a look at Quinn??

I personally think Anderson will be brought back down to reallity this weekend by the Steelers.
    I expect them to really attack him causing several mistakes.

That would be an awful expensive venture for Cleveland to trade Quinn.

They coughed up this coming years 1st round pick+ an additional pick to move up and get him.

The dude held out waiting for a relatively big contract which he got.

Can't see any team forking over to Cleveland what they'd want to try and recoop some of what they spent knowing Cleveland put themselves in that situation.

If Anderson is a restricted free agent I suspect he'll be slapped with the high tender to retain him and Cleveland will have to cross that bridge the following year.

As a side note....

I highly doubt Anderson would look anything like he does right now playing in our offensive system.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Given all our other needs -- as age has caught up with many of our players -- I can't see the Ravens investing a huge amount in the QB position. I look for more of a cheap vet, or perhaps a 5th or 6th round draft pick looking for a diamond in the rough. (I'd like to see them take a good look at Flacco from Delaware, who may go undrafted -- big guy, strong arm & poised - he looked like Anderson to me when he put up 59 points against Navy).

Higher priorities in my opinion are two CBs and a DE. Also, if Mike & Cody Smith are done, we need more LB depth. It's going to be at least a two year rebuilding process unless 2002 repeats itself.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

That would be an awful expensive venture for Cleveland to trade Quinn.
    I think they will hold onto him but if Anderson is the man, which they might hold off on deciding until the end of 2008, Quinn will be traded. I can't see them leaving him sit on the bench when he would get them back their draft resources. But I don't think they will put all their eggs in Anderson's basket until they are quite sure. And no need to for a while, cap wise. Neither will break the bank for a few years.