At what point do you sit McNair???

:bag:

Re: At what point do you sit McNair???

7 games ago
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

I would have benched him when he threw the interception in the endzone agains Indy
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

How about anytime in the first half tonight against the Stealers?
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

At halftime.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Not anytime soon according to Billick. At the post game press conference he declared Mcnair his starting QB. If he sticks by this, he's lost his freaking mind. That was without a doubt the worst Ravens QB performance in the history of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Not anytime soon according to Billick. At the post game press conference he declared Mcnair his starting QB. If he sticks by this, he's lost his freaking mind. That was without a doubt the worst Ravens QB performance in the history of this team.
    Perhaps, it might rank second behind that giant turd Redman laid against the Rams a few years back. But its damn close.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Thumbs down Re: At what point do you sit McNair???

I had stubbornly supported Billick all along. But if he is really serious about allowing this washed up shell of a former NFL QB to start another Ravens game, Bisciotti should ax Billick in midseason.

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    Perhaps, it might rank second behind that giant turd Redman laid against the Rams a few years back. But its damn close.
    Yes and no .... Redman came in cold - no preparation - never played as a backup before. Yes he did suck. But McNair had a month to prepare for this game.

While reminiscing over worst Ravens QB performances, let's not forget Eric Zeier on SNF against the Steelers in 1997, and Mcnair's 2007 season opener "gem" against the Bengals.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I had stubbornly supported Billick all along. But if he is really serious about allowing this washed up shell of a former NFL QB to start another Ravens game, Bisciotti should ax Billick in midseason.

Yes and no .... Redman came in cold - no preparation - never played as a backup before. Yes he did suck. But McNair had a month to prepare for this game.

While reminiscing over worst Ravens QB performances, let's not forget Eric Zeier on SNF against the Steelers in 1997, and Mcnair's 2007 season opener "gem" against the Bengals.
    Mista T, I have been a Billick supporter all along, because I felt, and still do, that a lot of what he is blamed for has to be mostly poor execution on the part of the players. But McNair was again god-awful tonight. No effort to get the ball downfield at all. The O-line was equally bad, so he didn't have much time, but it didn't even look as if he was looking downfield. Kyle wasn't great either, but there were some passes he made that you would think that receivers trying to salvage some sort of pride would have caught, instead of having the ball bounce out of their hands. At least, if they had held on to the ball, there would have been gains of 15 yards or so.

Like you, I hope Billick is not serious, and we hear some gradual changing of the rhetoric over the course of the week. Or that, if he starts McNair next week and things go south again, he doesn't take so long to bring in Boller. Boller should have been in there at least to start the second half. There would at least have been a chance to score again and save some face. As it is, we are the laughingstock of the NFL. It's really hard to take.

Blog Entries

What depresses me about the situation, is the way Billick used to feel about Kyle, he now feels about McNair. He's got that "I'm with you till we both go down in flames" mentality, where he just turns a blind eye to the issues and points the blame elsewhere.

Granted, the Steelers were overwhelming our OL last night. But seriously, when you are running short passes EVERY FREAKING PLAY, how can you expect to run an effective offense. Has the dink and dunk worked for us this year? I don't know if it even really worked last year. When Boller was in, the offense took shots down field, seemed to move with some poise. With McNair, the play call is "everyone run 5 yards, but get me 15".

Don't know how much blame Billick deserves for the play calling, but it all boils down to Billick has a screwed up vision of his starting QBs...Basically, McNair would need to start stomping on our offensive players helmets before Billick would think about pulling him. Until then, "Steve is our hero!" :(

It is past time to do this. Mcnair is way passed his time 63 yds com on. If we ever are going to see if Boller is to be our QB now is the time. Mcnair can't throw deep anyomre I don't care what anyone siads. This season is over and it's time to go young.

What pisses me off about our Ravens is they make a tackle and jump around and look over to the other bench Dude you're getting your ass kicked nothing to brag about.

Anyway there has to be a lot of changes let's see if our owner has the balls to step up and make those changes.

McNair needs to be reduced to the bench, NOW!!! He cannot throw beyond 5yards with any accuracy and he has fumbled more times than any other QB in the entire NFL this year. He looks like crap. To think, we let Derek Anderson go for free.....