View Poll Results: It Takes Two...but WHO?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sack Machine OLB

47 81.03%
  • Dominant LT

13 22.41%
  • Shutdown CB

24 41.38%
  • Play-making WR

18 31.03%
  • Sideline-to-Sideline FS

4 6.90%
  • Uber-Hybrid ILB

5 8.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It Takes Two

It Takes Two

The Draft Gods are standing-by to grant two wishes for us faithful followers. Two wishes only. Ozzie's going to draft each of the following prototypes, but only two are actually going to become elite players. The others will become JAGs. Pick the two, guaranteed, elite prototypes that you think this team needs right now.

Choose TWO (...and leave my grammar out of this! It had to rhyme! )
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 02-09-2016 at 10:22 AM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Re: It Takes Two

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

^^^ ...or just Wade Phillips
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Shutdown CB and sack machine OLB.

Very very close third would be WR, but we need to fix that damn defense.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Shutdown CB and Playmaking WR.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

Playmaking WR and a Sack Machine OLB. Points and pressure

Blog Entries

I would take the OLB for sure, and I'd go with the CB over the WR in a close call.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Playmaking WR and a Sack Machine OLB. Points and pressure
    :word

I believe that an average secondary (which we more or less have) can operate well behind a good pass rush.
    We also have minimal depth here, and if one guy needs to account for 16-18 sacks, let it be.

A play-making WR will give the TEs space, give Perriman space, pulls at least one guy out of the tackle box, maximizes Joe's value, and (on a psyche level) let's everyone know on both sides of the ball that the team can surge ahead or come from behind at any time. Also, if we needed to switch to a quicker pass scheme, we'd have a good shot to succeed with <some stud> + Perriman + (?)Travis Benjamin(?).

@BigPlayReceiver

Not sure it matters, if the coaches can't get them to play to their abilities. If they can, OLB and CB. But with Pees, may turn out like before. Hopefully both can catch passes, turnovers help win games.

We already have perriman as WR, if not for that injury,, he would have help lead the Ravens to post season.

Blog Entries

I think if you have the equivalent of Von Miller and Richard Sherman, along with the other defensive players they have now, the offensive skill position players they have are plenty enough to get the job done. They wouldn't need an Odell Beckham outside IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I think if you have the equivalent of Von Miller and Richard Sherman, along with the other defensive players they have now, the offensive skill position players they have are plenty enough to get the job done. They wouldn't need an Odell Beckham outside IMO.
    Solid argument.

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    :word

I believe that an average secondary (which we more or less have) can operate well behind a good pass rush.
    We also have minimal depth here, and if one guy needs to account for 16-18 sacks, let it be.

A play-making WR will give the TEs space, give Perriman space, pulls at least one guy out of the tackle box, maximizes Joe's value, and (on a psyche level) let's everyone know on both sides of the ball that the team can surge ahead or come from behind at any time. Also, if we needed to switch to a quicker pass scheme, we'd have a good shot to succeed with <some stud> + Perriman + (?)Travis Benjamin(?).
    The NFL has changed their rules to put a premium on passing. You need to take advantage of that on offense and find a way to stop it on defense. A disruptive pass rusher can help an average secondary but a shut down corner doesn't necessarily help your pass rush. I'm passing somewhere else if that shutdown CB takes my option away. If I'm under pressure I having a tough time getting the ball to anyone and I might get sacked or fumble or throw a pick.

Offensively a playmaking WR is not as important but it can give you so many options. That player can move the ball down field and good playmakers make plays when it matters most. They can also draw double coverage and open up opportunities for other receivers. Fancy numbers at any position don't always equal wins but when you already have the quarterback I see a playmaking WR adding a lot more to the offense than any other position would.