Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Is Cam Off Limits?

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Dude. You're using Bill Romanowski as an example. BILL ROMANOWSKI.

I'm sure everyone on this board will stipulate to the fact that there are ignorant, mouth-breathing racists in this world. And dollars-to-donuts, Romo is one of them (probably stemming from an assault committed on him by a black man named Sam Gash -- but I digress.)
    Haha I see what you did there. :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Uhmmm... Rapistburger, Cheatriots. Those are your worst things right there and that stigma follows them around years later. The only person I can remember acting like that after a playoff loss is when we beat the Cheatriots on our way to the Superbowl and Billichick refused to talk to the media. Shannon Sharpe went off on him. Marshawn Lynch refused to talk to reporters, but he was like that his entire career so the public embraced his antics.

But sure, everybody who thinks Cam acted immaturely is a racist.
    None of them were called boy? And I can think of several high profile QBs who have exited the playoffs ungraciously in one shape or form.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Bill Romanowski is trash. Always has been, always will be. It doesn't surprise me to see his name tied to these remarks. It's like asking what Rush Limbaugh might think. Of course he's an ignorant piece of racist trash.

I wouldn't have wanted to talk to the press either. Can't blame Cam one bit. Fix your line, come back next year, put the NFL on notice.

Blog Entries

Is there anyone here that would trade Joe straight up for Cam?
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Hell to the No.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Let's see...finishes a meaningless game in a lost season on a shredded knee to ensure his team wins, versus jumps away from his own fumble in a Super Bowl because his leg was in an "awkward position".

No chance in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    None of them were called boy? And I can think of several high profile QBs who have exited the playoffs ungraciously in one shape or form.
    You can point to a QB who stood up and walked out of a post-game press conference?

If given a choice between cheater, rapist, or boy, I'm going to take being called boy every step of the way. Is boy insulting? Yes. Does it mean immature male? Yes. Did Cam act like an immature male? Yes.

Given Romanowski historically acts like a dipshit HIH made an excellent point. Your argument that the backlash Cam is receiving is racist is based on Bill Romanowski. And you can't even prove he was being a racist instead of his usual dickhole self.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Not hard to believe how people reacted to what happened in real time. What they saw in the game and after helped formed a lot of quick opinions.

Now, we have had enough time to review everything. Sure, plenty of pro and con opinions on what happened. It's all in what you want to believe, LOL.

Cam's not going away unless he has a meltdown from all of this. Hope not, he needs to replicate this season with what he did last year. If he doesn't, that bulls eye he put on himself will definitely be a used. The media can be unforgiving.

Flacco knows all too well about that. When push came to shove. he showed everyone what he could do in 2012 . And yet he's still the target of the media, SMH. Now Flacco has never put on a display like Cam did in an interview. Can't ever recall him walking off.

The "boy " thing, if you let it upset you, Romanowski accomplished what he wanted to do. Let it go, be the better man is how it should go. Screw those coming out of the wood work to get a sound bite or their name in the media.

Serious.jpg

Blog Entries

Great response. I loved that show. "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis"?
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    There is a huge uproar over what happened in Flint. The federal government is investigating, people are losing jobs, questions are being asked daily. It's also been going on for months.

This thing with Cam will be forgotten within a week, only to be brought up a few times by sportscasters next season looking to fill some air time.

Understand that I am a Cam Newton fan. Look at my posts about him and you'll see nothing but praise. I like the way he acts on the field, he reminds me of Brett Farve in that he just enjoys the game. He's freakishly talented and charismatic. But if you're going to act like that when things are going good then you had better be able to take the heat when they don't.

The Panthers got jack-slapped in the Super Bowl. He's the best player on the team, and probably in the NFL. People look at how he responds to adversity and he didn't handle it well. Not jumping on that fumble was bad enough, but to follow it up with the way he acted in the post-game press conference and then he actually said he didn't go for the fumble so he wouldn't get hurt...

He done messed up, big time. The same things we all love about Joe are what I didn't see in Cam Sunday night. Joe tears ACL and stays in to win a game in what even then was a lost season. Cam didn't dive on his fumble while losing the Super Bowl.
    Sums it up pretty well for me

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    But the point is that his background includes similar behavior, that some thought was put behind him. And for all of those you are referencing, how many show up other teams with their antics after a score or waltz onto the field with a cape and gold MVP shows and copped an attitude about his success ? If most of the time you are humble and adult-like, you will not be criticized as much when you are a Richard Noggin. If somebody behaves enough to irritate people all the time, then it is a fair comparison with Cam about the reaction when they do something similar. Brady got booed at the MVP Introductions because he is a moron, regardless of his talent. When you ride the hype at the top of the wave, you are doomed to be smacked when it hits the beach. If you want the attention, then you have to take it when things do not go right.

If you want to act like a child when you celebrate success, acting like a child when you lose will attract the negative.
    Word. If you're gonna make yourself the center of attention when things are great, be prepared to take in the bad when you lose