Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Darian Stewart

Re: Darian Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Ray to Pees is what Manning to any OC is. When you have guys like that on your team there is not much coordinating you have to do. They are field generals they direct traffic, align guys, make calls, read plays and have everyone flow with them. You don't see every team with one of those guys, so thats why good coordinating and coaching is important.
    The one season Ray Lewis was on the roster with Pees as defensive coordinator was the worst defense the Ravens have had under Pees.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Denvers defense, one of the most dominant defenses to play in the Superbowl in over a decade, gave up 349+ yards a game.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

And if not for a missed XP from Gostkowski, or a more aggressive outlook on Denver's shitty offense from Belichick, probably would have blown the lead in the AFCCG and sent the Patriots to the Superbowl instead.
    Last edited by Brien Jackson; 02-09-2016 at 07:27 PM.

Brian Bowers article on RSR, I think "ON THE STREET", balanced thoughts on Stewart. While he admitted that he was surrounded by a good secondary he also included that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. He also mentioned that it has been reported that Deans schemes are to hard and perhaps that was the reason for Stewart's non productive stay here. Whatever the reason, and that reason needs to be discovered, he seems to be enjoying his union with Wade. By the way.... Isn't his contract up?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post
    The one season Ray Lewis was on the roster with Pees as defensive coordinator was the worst defense the Ravens have had under Pees.
    You might wanna check last season holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Brian Bowers article on RSR, I think "ON THE STREET", balanced thoughts on Stewart. While he admitted that he was surrounded by a good secondary he also included that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. He also mentioned that it has been reported that Deans schemes are to hard and perhaps that was the reason for Stewart's non productive stay here. Whatever the reason, and that reason needs to be discovered, he seems to be enjoying his union with Wade. By the way.... Isn't his contract up?
    This seems overwrought: Stewart wasn't anything special before he got to the Ravens either, and the easiest explanation for his good year is that he's on a defense with two HoF caliber edge rushers and two top-15 CB's. Besides that, the Ravens already got a new DB coach.

You might wanna check last season holmes
    It's essentially a tossup by DVOA, so I guess to each their own. Then again, I'm not really seeing how this proves your point at all, since the 2013-14 defenses were clearly much better than the 2012 unit.

Blog Entries

It's essentially a tossup by DVOA, so I guess to each their own. Then again, I'm not really seeing how this proves your point at all, since the 2013-14 defenses were clearly much better than the 2012 unit.
    Much better is a stretch,a far stretch to say much better it was marginally better in 2014 because our front seven was deep and our Lbs were deep even at that the defense was average at best, they still failed to get off the field in crucial situations...This much better you speak of is not even close.

Much better is a stretch,a far stretch to say much better it was marginally better in 2014 because our front seven was deep and our Lbs were deep even at that the defense was average at best, they still failed to get off the field in crucial situations...This much better you speak of is not even close.
    They were 7th and 8th in DVOA compared to 19th. Sounds much better to me.

Blog Entries

In 2014 the Ravens defense was also 6th in scoring and 2nd in red zone efficiency, only giving up a TD on 45% of possessions.

In 2012 they were 12th and 2nd (43%), respectively.

Seems that the 2012 team was more susceptible to big scoring plays, which is surprising given the state of the secondary in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by TxRavensFan View Post
    In 2014 the Ravens defense was also 6th in scoring and 2nd in red zone efficiency, only giving up a TD on 45% of possessions.

Seems that the 2012 team was more susceptible to big scoring plays, which is surprising given the state of the secondary in 2014.
    Can we be honest with each other and say that since 2012 - onward our defense has just flat out stunk? Sure the statistics to someone who didnt watch the game dont look horrible....

but the biggest issue we have have since 2012 is giving up leads at the end of the half/ game.

in 2012 We got lucky because Flacco balled out.....This past year we saw how bad our team can be without the QB playing clutch at the end of the game... The season prior Flacco literally willed us to 5-6 wins we had NO business winning.

Our defense in generally has been crap since 2012 ( which included Ray, who I think is the GOAT)

Blog Entries

so why were they still blowing fourth qrtr leads if it was that much "better"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TxRavensFan View Post

it goes to show they have been giving up big plays his whole tenure, in 2012 we still had leadership on the defense and talent on the defense to mask dean pees deficiencies.