Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Blind Side -- Let's talk about FALSE START Michael Oher

He faced a great pass rush but Oher was horrible. no other way to say it, the guy didnt look like he belonged in the NFL let alone the SB.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    I will acknowledge that he did get beat at times on a pure rush from that side, but I also noticed that the Pass Rush did stunt enough to confuse the blocking scheme of the Panthers, leaving Oher standing by himself while his guy shifted to the middle or the right side of the O-Line.
    On Ware's sack, he appeared to get confused and could only get a little "touch football" push to the outside on DeMarcus. Bad game, but he wasn't the only one on the Carolina OL.

BTW, I went back to do the click system on his 2nd false start, where he went after the referee. If you slow it down, he moved 4 clicks before the football. I have not calibrated my DVR recently, but that used to be .13 seconds (30 clicks per second). If you have the game on a Directv or other DVR, you can try it by going to the play, pausing, then clicking forward with the FF button. You'll see Oher move, then the ball move 4 clicks later.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    BTW, I went back to do the click system on his 2nd false start, where he went after the referee. If you slow it down, he moved 4 clicks before the football. I have not calibrated my DVR recently, but that used to be .13 seconds (30 clicks per second). If you have the game on a Directv or other DVR, you can try it by going to the play, pausing, then clicking forward with the FF button. You'll see Oher move, then the ball move 4 clicks later.
    So he still gets the "Guilt by History" and the fact that he is just so quick that it looks like a FS ? Some things never change.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by tomrose9 View Post
    Interesting thread. I counted 2 false starts last night by Oher...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correct. However, RT #73 Michael Remmers simultanously moved on at least one, if not both of Oher's blunders. Remmers also was flagged for a false start in the 4th Q when Carolina was in position to drive for a lead TD.

Former Ravens TE Ed Dickson was another who drew the same penalty. Geesh!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Oher was bad and Ed Dickson was even worse. Dickson whiffed on a block on the strip-sack TD. And then got blown up on the long punt return. Safe to say him and Oher were the worst two players on the field last night.

Blog Entries

lol poor Oher and Dickson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Correct. However, RT #73 Michael Remmers simultanously moved on at least one, if not both of Oher's blunders. Remmers also was flagged for a false start in the 4th Q when Carolina was in position to drive for a lead TD.

Former Ravens TE Ed Dickson was another who drew the same penalty. Geesh!
    Slight clarification - Remmers at RT is #74 and Oher at LT is #73 (Although Oher wore #74 in Baltimore).

From what I saw, both those guys had a pretty awful game. So did Ed Dickson. At least Oher and Dickson can console themselves with their rings from three years ago.

I predicted Michael would have a long night if the #1 Denver D showed up. It came to pass. I wanted him to do well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Oher was bad and Ed Dickson was even worse. Dickson whiffed on a block on the strip-sack TD. And then got blown up on the long punt return. Safe to say him and Oher were the worst two players on the field last night.
    Remmers was even worse. Von Miller just destroyed him the whole game

Blog Entries

even when they provided help and max protect, wade dialed up some stunt blitzes and cross fire blitzes that confused the hell out of the tackles.

Blog Entries

When max protect means leaving in Ed Dickson to block is it really max protect?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    When max protect means leaving in Ed Dickson to block is it really max protect?
    lol oh God no it isn't lol