Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2016 Season Ticket Invoice emailed today

With all due respect, Fanatic: I totally disagree with your logic!

The two exhibitions have zero value. I give them away to kids & grandkids & friends. Right now, they are, in essence, a 25% tax on the value of the real games. If I were to sell two "primetime" tickets at face value which were priced at about 25% higher than the face value of the non-primetime games, I should wind up approx even. The Ravens make about the same revenue, I unload night games which I have gotten to really dislike, and my kids, grandkids, and friends get to attend the meaningless exhibitions to have a taste of the NFL. I attend 6 home games at guaranteed great locatiopn regular seats, and always have the option to buy back into a primetime game off Ticketron if it were to tickle my fancy (not likely).

The only thing which could be better would be for the NFL to also go to the 17 game game season and reduce the meaningless exhibitions to 1 annual home game.

:T2:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Pre-Season games are financially indefensible, but I do not have the power to change that so I look to how to make the most of a steamy heap.

1. In regular season games I try to maximize the tailgating; both as to food and drink. Although I do make stops around to see some special people, I hang around the lot until time to make my way to the seats. In Pre-Season though I am willing to wander around the stadium and the Ravens Walk.

2. During a regular season game I pay attention to the action around the ball. In Pre-Season, I try to watch individual players and positions, as well as more of how plays are run. I also like to study the formations, even though most of the regular season playbook is not being shown.

3. I do not stay the whole game, but I do hang around long enough to pay attention to the younger players and those who are more likely than not are going to be inactive during the year. I try to gauge the depth of the team and also look at the opposition's back-ups to see if they may have talent of interest.

The entertainment expense is rising and the years are ticking by, but I am looking to get the most experience out of all of it (including meeting people from here that I would never know). I am not sure I will ever see it as a legitimate expense, but I am sure that on my death bed I will not regret going to Pre-Season games.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    With all due respect, Fanatic: I totally disagree with your logic!

The two exhibitions have zero value. I give them away to kids & grandkids & friends. Right now, they are, in essence, a 25% tax on the value of the real games. If I were to sell two "primetime" tickets at face value which were priced at about 25% higher than the face value of the non-primetime games, I should wind up approx even. The Ravens make about the same revenue, I unload night games which I have gotten to really dislike, and my kids, grandkids, and friends get to attend the meaningless exhibitions to have a taste of the NFL. I attend 6 home games at guaranteed great locatiopn regular seats, and always have the option to buy back into a primetime game off Ticketron if it were to tickle my fancy (not likely).

The only thing which could be better would be for the NFL to also go to the 17 game game season and reduce the meaningless exhibitions to 1 annual home game.

:T2:
    Sorry T, but my logic is just fine.
    I think Greg agrees with my logic as well. (see his post above)
    I still love you though man.

I suppose it all depends on how one wishes to view this but I believe myself and Greg are viewing this from a monetary gain or value per individual game.
    Doesn't matter what they put as a value on each ticket as Greg said (and myself earlier) the 10 games we all pay for will still come to the same total just divided up differently.

I'd rather get $280.00 as a tax write off number for a pair of my pre-season tickets as a donation then let's say $150.00 for the pair if they tag them as a face value of $75.00 each just to make it look like that game is worth less for appearance purposes.
    In reality, they definitely are worth less (I won't argue that at all) but my bottom line in cost for those is still the same when included in the season ticket package.

In addition, when selling tickets on NFL ticket exchange (where I choose to sell them when I do) you can't price them below face value.
    This past season towards the end of the year many many tickets were on there for face value and weren't selling.
    So if my $140.00 ticket is raised up to let's say $225.00 for a premier game I have even less of a chance of selling them and recouping or making money due to the inflated face value price, particularly if the season is a bad one like this past season .
    Nope, leave it the way it is please!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Ted, if you donated your preseason tickets, and you have to Arundel Lodge in the past I believe, you get a better write off that way.

If the Ravens are going to get $2000 from you how they price the games doesn't affect that $2000. But it does affect what value you can get from them in the market or as donations.

They don't need to make the Steelers games worth more on the face value, they will draw more in the market in any case. But if I give my tickets to the Jags game away to a client I get to write off 1/10th of the total. Under a tiered plan maybe I only get to write off 1/12th.

I see no value of changing the values. I more than likely will attend the games that would be priced higher and sell or donate those that would be priced lower. That lowered price doesn't help me at all.