Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Calm down, The Let's be realistic Billick Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    One simple question...

Why does Steve continually extend Billick when he doesn't have to?

Brian has clearly shown that his teams cannot follow up successful years with quality teams...despite insisting every one of those years that "this is our most talented team"...
    Continually? He only did it once since he became the owner. Billick is an Art Modell man.

pyite, I couldnt agree more. BB will stay, theres just too much $$$$ tied up right now for Bisscotti to let him go.
    But dont be surprised if they bring in a new OC. Fresh start in that department.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Continually? He only did it once since he became the owner. Billick is an Art Modell man.
    Actually, he has doe it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Could it have something to do with the strength of schedule? Have a good year, play a tougher schedule, have a bad year, play an easier one?

For all the good the FO has done with giving Billick talent on offense, why do they not get some blame for the continued problem at QB? Or for years at wideout? Everyone gets some credit everyone gets some blame.

We have not played the tough part of our schedule yet
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

I don't care what plays are run if the offense can't execute them properly... That AIN'T Billick's fault, nor are the excessive penalties...

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    I don't care what plays are run if the offense can't execute them properly... That AIN'T Billick's fault, nor are the excessive penalties...
    If that was only issue plaging the offense, you'd be right. But we have penalties, botched routes and a gimpy QB that obviously needs to be pulled.

When its all combined, yes it IS Billicks fault.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    I disagree. The coach HAS to be responsible for execution to a great extent. He has to have a system that players believe in and can execute. If they don't, he has to either motivate them to or work with the GM to find players who will. After 9 years, the players have turned over enough that I don't think it's a talent issue. Ozzie has already proven himself as one of the best talent evaluators in football. The area that Billick doesn't touch is consistently GREAT, despite a LOT of personnel turnover. The area with which Billick is involved in is consistently mediocre to bad.