Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Official Super Bowl 50 Prediction Thread. Denver Broncos vs Carolina Panthers.

Watched 1 SB out of the last 5
    This one is a possibility.

Part depends on how effective Thomas Davis is with a broken arm.... Carolina's LB corps is fearsome to game plan against, especially with a noodle arm.

"Papa John is on your side...."

Jared Allen is back so Peyton should be getting hit from a fresh rotation

I'm thinking something like 27-10 .... somewhere in the back of my mind I'm envisioning a mobile Doug Williams and remembering what he did against Denver in the 2ndQ after going down 0-10
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Re: Official Super Bowl 50 Prediction Thread. Denver Broncos vs Carolina Panthers.

Jake Query @jakequery The Denver Broncos have gone to 7 Super Bowls with QBs drafted by the Colts. The Colts have done so twice.
    7:59 AM - 25 Jan 2016

I think it'll actually be close but I see Carolina pulling out the win

last rodeo

Peyton Manning - QB - Broncos

Peyton Manning told Bill Belichick this season "might be my last rodeo" on the field after the AFC Championship Game.
    Manning and Belichick did not discuss what was said after the game, but NFL Network audio picked up Manning's side of the conversation. "Hey, listen, this might my last rodeo," Manning said. "So, it sure has been a pleasure." Manning has already admitted he is considering retirement, and it is very likely the Super Bowl will be his final game regardless of the result.

Blog Entries

Carolina is the superior team, but Denver's D is too good to allow this one to get out of hand. On the other hand, Denver's offense is probably not going to be scaring anybody.

Cam does enough to win in a decent enough game. Not a classic, but not a snoozer either.

Carolina - 20
    Denver - 10

Blog Entries

Carolina is scary...

At this point with Manning throwing ducks I think the Panthers have the edge. The D's are very close the Panthers O has the advantage so I'm going Panthers.

27-23 Carolina

After watching the Broncos win two close playoff games against two injury-plagued teams, it is hard to fathom Denver winning it all. Despite the fact that their makeshift O-line collapsed, Patriots still win 20-13 IF: (1) Brady avoids interception deep in his territory, and (2) extra point isn't botched.

Don't understand why the spread isn't at least 7 points. Shades of SB 48 are looming for the Broncos. The only danger for the Panthers is that Newton and his offense get way too cocky before the game OR Cam gets knocked out of the game. We know that Kubiak and his coaching staff are smart enough that if Carolina's offense or defense has an overlooked weakness they will find a way to exploit it - especially if the Panthers are overconfident. They also have two weeks to find it.

Losing in Atlanta in late December may have been the best thing that could have happened to the Panthers. They are no longer preoccupied with preserving a perfect season - something that befell the Patriots in SB 42.

DEN 13
    CAR 27
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 02-06-2016 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Eisenberg's uncertainty principle

Was way wrong on both conference championships, but can only see a Carolina win in this one. As long as they don't freeze on the big stage, Cam is just playing too well this season for Denver to keep it close enough. Unlike against NE, Denver will have to respect the Panthers' run game and that'll open things up enough.

Manning retires with a single SB victory over Rex Grossman. Michael Oher passes him with two SB rings.

Goodell breathes a huge sigh of relief that he can sweep the HGH investigation under the rug as well as avoiding an Asterisks SB win.

Panthers 31
    Broncos 17
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    its crazy how much folks under estimate cam...i watched all
    their games this year, some need to go do that in the next 2 weeks.
    cam is is multitudes better than kaep ever was
    Cam might be the best player in the NFL. That guy is incredible.

Cam sees a defense like Denver's everyday in practice. Denver's defense has never seen a player like Cam.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

The only way Carolina loses is if Newton has a complete meltdown, meaning he throws interceptions, fumbles, has a complete lack of awareness, etc. etc. Peyton Manning is more mature, is a Mensa in football knowledge and can read every defensive scheme imaginable. However, his body is shot, and his receivers are not the best. He needs help and lots of it. Owen Daniels will be covered in this game, you can bet on it. I think the score will be closer than most people think, but I think Carolina pulls it out. Score: 20-17- Panthers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Cam might be the best player in the NFL. That guy is incredible.

Cam sees a defense like Denver's everyday in practice. Denver's defense has never seen a player like Cam.
    Good point. I had Carolina in a close one, 20-17. I'm going to amend that to 24-13, Carolina.

Blog Entries

I can't believe I'm actually rooting for Manning after these years of not liking him, maybe it was just the attention he got as a media darling with the horseshoe on the helmet, but heart would say Denver if not for Elway, but head says Carolina.

As an admittedly (very) immature aside; has there ever been any other sports team with a logo/mascot that's a dead-ringer for their GM?