Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Official Super Bowl 50 Prediction Thread. Denver Broncos vs Carolina Panthers.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    True, but I would expect they will have a defensive score or at least a score set up by the defense.
    I believe I also heard the panthers have had the best average starting position for any offense, which can be a by-product of both the defense and special teams.

Add it all up and you may get a result that shows cam has had an easier road to hoe on offense, even will subpar weapons.

Re: Official Super Bowl 50 Prediction Thread. Denver Broncos vs Carolina Panthers.

Carolina wins it 27-18

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Whatever we can say about Pees in SB 47 he came up with a great plan for Kaepernick. He had Suggs assigned just to him and the option, while sending Ellerbe blitzing into the line just to disrupt things. It worked.

I am guessing Wade Phillips can come up with something unique given the talent he has to stop Newton. However, Carolina's defense might be too much for Manning and his lacking arm. If Manning could throw like he did years ago I would call this even, but I think it will be a blow out because I don't see Denver scoring more than 17 points and once the Panthers do figure out Phillips' defense they will put up at least 30.

Denver needs to keep Newton on the sidelines and I don't think they can and eventually that will be their demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Whatever we can say about Pees in SB 47 he came up with a great plan for Kaepernick. He had Suggs assigned just to him and the option, while sending Ellerbe blitzing into the line just to disrupt things. It worked.

I am guessing Wade Phillips can come up with something unique given the talent he has to stop Newton. However, Carolina's defense might be too much for Manning and his lacking arm. If Manning could throw like he did years ago I would call this even, but I think it will be a blow out because I don't see Denver scoring more than 17 points and once the Panthers do figure out Phillips' defense they will put up at least 30.

Denver needs to keep Newton on the sidelines and I don't think they can and eventually that will be their demise.
    Kaepernick and Newton are two completely different players. I don't think that the same strategy that work on Kaepernick will work on Cam.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    Broncos 27-17. Cam is one of a kind talent and I personally like him a lot but he hasnt seen a D quite like what Miller and Ware and Aqib etc will unleash. I think our old buddy Oher will be in for a LONG day. Also Davis being out or at least slowed down is a huge if not devastating hit for them.

Also with this almost surely being Peytons last go around you know hes going to leave everything out there for this one. Whether hes got to be a game manager or reach back and sling it down field a few times or even use his legs (like that first down scramble yesterday) hes going to do whatevers necessary for that last ring.

I just hope the refs stay out of it. It would suck if the game was tarnished by shady calls especially if the Broncos win. You know the conspiracy people will be out there with the "Refs were favoring Peyton in his last game' BS.
    um cam went into seattle and came
    out with a win this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Kaepernick and Newton are two completely different players. I don't think that the same strategy that work on Kaepernick will work on Cam.

its crazy how much folks under estimate cam...i watched all
    their games this year, some need to go do that in the next 2 weeks.
    cam is is multitudes better than kaep ever was

Denver was getting penetration with only their front 3 or 4. That's amazing. I'm not sure Cam has faced a front 7 like theirs all season. They also seemed ultra tight on coverage and their open field tackling saved that fourth down play versus the Pats in the 4th quarter. It won't be a blowout like with the Cards, but Peyton just seemed old and tired yesterday. I'd love to see him go out on a high note, but he doesn't seem to have the strength or agility to beat a top defense like Carolina's. Denver's defense would probably have to put up some points but that's probably not gonna happen.

Carolina -24
    Denver - 10

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    :word

Blog Entries

We are going to a SB party in the neighborhood. I predict that I'll eat, drink and have a good time and not really care how the game goes

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    No one compared him to kap. What he said was they need a special game plan for that type of player, like we did for kap.

He's not your usual run of the mill qb.

Everyone knows he's better than kap

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

Pees's plan worked for a half. He almost always gets out-coached in the 2nd half (especially 4th quarter) of games.

I thought Denver would get blown out the last 2 games. In my opinion, if you can stop Big Ben and Brady, then you can stop Cam. I'll be rooting for Carolina, but not real confident.

Denver has a championship D and they will slow down Newton.
    But Manning will not be able to get first downs late in the game and Carolina will go ahead.

Carolina 24
    Denver 21
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!