Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Culture of Baltimore Football has been Poisoned by a Defeatist Attitude.

I am tired of the excuses. The New England Patriots have had more offensive line combinations than any team in the league and quite possibly in history. What's their excuse? Is it, because they play in a crappy division? Because I could have sworn that the Ravens were A BLOCKED FIELD GOAL AWAY FROM GETTING SWEPT BY CLEVELAND!!! The one bum team in the division on par with the bums in the AFC East.

Or is it because they always draft at the bottom of the round, like the Ravens do?

Is it because they lack talent on defense?

As the years have gone by, I've heard more and more excuses as to why the Ravens can't get it done, instead of reasons why they should and solutions to problems. Do you think New England is up there making all of these excuses?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: The Culture of Baltimore Football has been Poisoned by a Defeatist Attitude.

They have Brady.

Blog Entries

Re: The Culture of Baltimore Football has been Poisoned by a Defeatist Attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    They have Brady.
    The Ravens have Flacco, whose gone toe to toe with Brady and outplayed him several times, especially in the playoffs. Or, is it that the Patriots actually REALIZE that they have Tom Brady, whereas the Ravens haven't PUT THEIR GLASSES ON YET, and haven't REALIZED that they have a QB THAT HAS PROVEN ON THE FIELD THAT HE CAN OUTDUEL BRADY IN HIS OWN HOUSE?!!!!!!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Seriously, you act like we have never won anything here. We have more Super Bowls per season than any franchise in NFL history.

Yes this year sucked. But before that, the Flacco/Harbs Ravens were 13-1 against the Browns. We have owned them as much as the Pats have owned the Dolphins, Jets, and Bills. Unfortunately for us, the Pats have three teams who generally suck in their division, while we only have one.

Yet we still manage to go to the playoffs and win at least a game most of the time. How many whiny-ass threads do you plan on starting today?
    "Chin up, chest out."

I would tell my employees, not to tell why they were unsuccessful, but why they got it done. Not seeing a defeatist attitude, but not seeing a successful attitude either.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Seriously, you act like we have never won anything here. We have more Super Bowls per season than any franchise in NFL history.

Yes this year sucked. But before that, the Flacco/Harbs Ravens were 13-1 against the Browns. We have owned them as much as the Pats have owned the Dolphins, Jets, and Bills. Unfortunately for us, the Pats have three teams who generally suck in their division, while we only have one.

Yet we still manage to go to the playoffs and win at least a game most of the time. How many whiny-ass threads do you plan on starting today?
    Today? Ex is a long-term guy. I'm more concerned about how many whiny threads he plans on starting this year.

But really, Ex will ignore past success and act like the franchise is a bottom-feeder because this franchise doesn't run things the way he wants them to.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

They cheat. And on the same token, we were a fluke catch away from sweeping the browns

Plain and simple, the glory days are 4 years past. Seems EX is dwelling on the last 3 years, 26-24, makes sense to be unhappy about that. But those glory days posters are just waiting for new glory days. When that is, is a damn good question, because no one can predict the future. Only the past, LOL.

Post away EX, if that makes you happy. But expect contrary opinions to all your opinions. It's how the forum works, LOL. But beware, won't be long till; they are merged into one.

I'm also wondering if the OP knows what a defeatist attitude is.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Ravens have Flacco, whose gone toe to toe with Brady and outplayed him several times, especially in the playoffs. Or, is it that the Patriots actually REALIZE that they have Tom Brady, whereas the Ravens haven't PUT THEIR GLASSES ON YET, and haven't REALIZED that they have a QB THAT HAS PROVEN ON THE FIELD THAT HE CAN OUTDUEL BRADY IN HIS OWN HOUSE?!!!!!!
    Dude I hate Tom Brady and I love Joe but let's be clear. Joe is erratic and does not have the pocket awareness or short area accuracy of Brady. Neither does he have command of an offense like Brady. Remember Brady been doing the same system for like 15 years. Then u add the fact that the NFL changes rules just to benefit Brady, you can see where the deck is stacked against us. Brady has impeccable mechanics and you can't dispute he's a better qb than Joe.

You need to switch to decaf ASAP.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Plain and simple, the glory days are 4 years past. Seems EX is dwelling on the last 3 years, 26-24, makes sense to be unhappy about that. But those glory days posters are just waiting for new glory days. When that is, is a damn good question, because no one can predict the future. Only the past, LOL.

Post away EX, if that makes you happy. But expect contrary opinions to all your opinions. It's how the forum works, LOL. But beware, won't be long till; they are merged into one.
    26-24,26-24,26-24 always repeated. You do realize that those three seasons were a .500 season, a winning season with a playofd victory and only one bad season? Not as bad as some folks here make it out to be. And even in the .500 season we were only a game out of the playoffs.
    Joe Flacco