Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"Reverse Ngata Draft Trade" for Ravens in 2016?

Now that Hue Jackson is on board in Cleveland, it may be more likely that the Browns pull the trigger on a QB with their first pick. If that is the case, the Ravens may be in a great position to pull a "reverse Ngata" trade with SF. This time, Ozzie plays Phil Savage and gets a an early 4th round pick (or something comparable or better) to let SF move up one spot and pick a QB. Even if Cleveland doesn't pick a QB, Ozzie can shop the pick to other QB needy teams and tell SF if they want their guy, they will have to pay to move up to 6.
    We can still trade down from 7 if another good deal comes along or pick the guy we would have taken at 6. Perfect scenario if it plays out like this.

Re: "Reverse Ngata Draft Trade" for Ravens in 2016?

People will likely call me nuts, but I actually see SF wanting to keep Kaep with Kelly there.

He's the right type of QB for Kelly's system.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    People will likely call me nuts, but I actually see SF wanting to keep Kaep with Kelly there.

I won't be one of them. Maybe SF will still jettison Kaepernick, but I think Kelly's hiring increases the odds they'll keep him. Unless Kelly really loves one of the guys in the draft.

Blog Entries

I dont think thats crazy at all.... infact thats the only reason hiring chip makes any sense. they were literally the only team that showed interest. The problem is they already gave up on him once, and his contract makes it somewhat easy to get out of now if they did move on. thats not happening with chips hire.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    I won't be one of them. Maybe SF will still jettison Kaepernick, but I think Kelly's hiring increases the odds they'll keep him. Unless Kelly really loves one of the guys in the draft.
    Wouldn't shock me in the least to see them keep squidward and utilize him with how he plays.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

....well apparently I thought I was in the minority....

IMO, hiring Chip was smart of SF. You have to put your QB in a system that is going to work.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Kaepernick seems a like a good fit for Kelly's system.

Before we trade back let's see if a great LT or pass rusher falls in our lap.

As for the DeadCatBouncers™ in Cleveland taking a QB or whoever, just be glad one bit of dreck will be off the board before we pick.

Good point but at a $19M cap hit in 2017 (and an average of $20m for the next 3 years), he better know for sure that he's the guy before passing on the rare opportunity to get the college QB of his choice.

According to ESPN, Jackson made it clear during the interview process that he did NOT want Manziel -- and was told "no problem." [paraphrasing]
    Texans owner openly talking about giving up multiple draft picks to get a QB.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

He's not accurate enough. That's why Kelly dumped Foles. He likes QBs who can move but they also have to complete passes.

Blog Entries

This is exactly what will happen. Kap should be their guy

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This is exactly what will happen. Kap should be their guy
    We may find out sooner rather than later. Kap's 2016 contract for $ 11.9M is guaranteed on
    4/1/16 with a cap hit of $15.9M. $ 7.3M dead money.