Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: John Harbaugh still doesn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    You know Ex I don't think I would say he doesn't get it. In spite of the NFL being a pass happy league, having a tried and true running game can breed success. It can eat up clock control the pace of the game and demoralize a defense. I thinks stats will show passing 40 to 50 times game is not the recipe to win in the NFL I remember one season when Coach Bill Cowher had Tommy Maddox as his quarterback and became a enamored with passing the ball. It did not work out too well The next year they got back to running the ball and had some success
    There is a contingent out there that thinks you should run the ball, and doing so AUTOMATICALLY forces defenders up and AUTOMATICALLY sets up a successful play-action passing opportunity. No, it has to actually be a GOOD rush offense. Unless you want to end up like the Minnesota Vikings, whose coaching staff was so terrified of the possible scrutiny from not running Peterson 20 times, that it cost them point and he left with less than 2 yards per carry. When they finally opened up the offense they finally started moving the ball better.

The Ravens could not run the ball well. They could only run to one side. As the game progressed defenses would shut down that side. The rush offense works best when you have a lead. You generally throw to get ahead. Harbaugh is thinking about it ass backwards. He's thinking about it as if he has Trent Dilfer at QB.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I think Harbaugh gets it. Running the ball is still the best way to win in my opinion. It sets up everything else nicely. Balance is a good thing to have.
    No, it's not the best way for this team to win. It hasn't been the best way for this team to win in years. At the end of the day, in the playoffs, it ALWAYS comes down to whether or not the passing offense can get it done. When it can, they win. When they can't, they lose.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    I wouldn't take any stock in what a HC says publicly.
    This.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

People around here were quick to point out that teams like New England, Pittsburgh and Green Bay are the most consistently successful teams, because they believe in continuity and aren't reactionary like Cleveland and Washington.

ALL three of those teams have a Super Bowl MVP QB, THAT THE ENTIRE TEAM PHILOSOPHY IS BUILT AROUND. The philosophy, scheme and personnel are all built around maximizing their passing ability. NOT THE GOD DAMNED RUNNING GAME!!!

All of them treat it as if they can run the ball, great, but they are living and dying with the ball in their QB's hands.

Baltimore is the one that, even after Joe Flacco's arm LED this team to a title with 11 TD PASSES, still wants to run offense like's it TWO FUCKING THOUSAND!!

Tell harbaugh to get some studs on the OLine that can get the running game going and better blocking for Flacco to have more time to throw. SMH. Part of the offense problem solved.

Personally, any thing harbaugh says after that presser, I'll take lightly. I don't know about him losing the team, but that presser has many fans wondering about what took place there. Losing the fans could become a problem..

Coach get it. As already stated you can't take anything at face value that a coach says. Trestman is running the same variation of the Saints offense (I call it the Saints offense just cause I see it so much) that many of the teams run......he is more advanced than Kubiak and of course lightyears ahead of Cameron.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

While those franchises that "Believe in consistency" that everyone talks about, actually know how to drive the Lamborghinis they have, John Harbaugh is too busy trying to play Super Mario Bo Schembechler Brothers!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    I wouldn't take any stock in what a HC says publicly.
    Yup.

That's the way it's been from day 1. Focus on the actions, not words

I think you may be making a mountain out of a molehill. Trestman certainly isn't a run first guy. He is a guy who subscribes to your theory more of a passing game sets up the run, get a lead primarily with the pass, then eat clock using an effective run game. I don't think he went away from that philosophy at all this past year despite Harbaughs verbiage. Don't get yourself all worked up over some semantic argument 8 months before any meaningful evidence to the contrary is being produced.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I think Harbaugh gets it. Running the ball is still the best way to win in my opinion. It sets up everything else nicely. Balance is a good thing to have.
    Harbaugh is right. If you can run the ball, you can throw when u want to! You just have to have a qb capable of making timely throws. Flacco is that guy. That's how we used to win, kill them on the ground and then take your shots. Passing teams with no running game don't win the chip

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Harbaugh is right. If you can run the ball, you can throw when u want to! You just have to have a qb capable of making timely throws. Flacco is that guy. That's how we used to win, kill them on the ground and then take your shots. Passing teams with no running game don't win the chip
    That's not how we won when it mattered the most. That's how they wanted to win, but it always came down to Flacco's arm when the rush offense failed or the deficit was too great for the time allotted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I think you may be making a mountain out of a molehill. Trestman certainly isn't a run first guy. He is a guy who subscribes to your theory more of a passing game sets up the run, get a lead primarily with the pass, then eat clock using an effective run game. I don't think he went away from that philosophy at all this past year despite Harbaughs verbiage. Don't get yourself all worked up over some semantic argument 8 months before any meaningful evidence to the contrary is being produced.
    NO! NO! Not this time Kusp. I was told to do it with Pees. I was told to do it with the philosophy. I'm sick and tired of smoke being blown up my ass.