Our Window has closed

I'm afraid our window with this core of players is over. Unless this team makes a miraculous second half, we likely are done with this core of guys.

We are getting older, our cap is getting tighter and we still have questions at some important positions.

Considering how dominant our defense has been over the past 6-7 years, after that magical SB season, 1 playoff win is just incredibly poor IMHO and this has been an incredibly underachieving organization.

Next year, we will have big QB questions...YET AGAIN.

We will have a lot of questions...we have a lot of over 30 players taking up a ton of our cap...Rolle, Mason, Ray, Trevor, CMac, Ogden, McNair, Gregg, and Reed will be 30 at this point next year. Do some of those guys go? Which ones and who do we replace them with? And when they go, how will it affect the cap? Do we take a QB high next year (I'm not really high on any of them other than Brohm and Ryan)? What about Brian? Why do we continually give him extensions way before we need to...right after a good season only to see us fall on our face the next year? Do we look at making a change there depending on who is available? What is up with Suggs...at this point, he will be overpaid compared to his production due to the high demand of pass rushers and his age. Do we resign him? Do we let him go? Are we stupid enough to just let him walk without tagging him as we did with AD because we don't want to hurt AD's feelings?

I think the team needs to start letting some of those guys go and this team needs to get younger ASAP and for the love of god, find a QB who can at least be consitanly ok and put some points on the board.

Re: Our Window has closed

this is what i think, and i'm just going to throwm it don as it comes to me.

- cut Steve now
    - cut Brain at the end of the year
    - cut Rolle now
    - Get a CB with our first round pick
    - have Kyle play a QB this year and if he doesn't pan out again go with Troy next year
    - get a speed WR not one to play KR. get one that can catch.
    - we better tag Suggs i'll cry if he plays anywhere else.
    - oh ya and Bring Marty To B-more
    What you talkin' about Willis?

I say put Smith in, we already know what we have in Boller and it's not all that much. See if we have anything in Smith.
    As far as WR, we need to get some who can get down field more than 3 yards, catch the ball and then make some YAC.
    No Marty please - I want to go to the playoffs and win.

Keep the Defense intack. Convince Ray its worth coming back. Sign Suggs. Put Pryce in a hyperbaric chamber to limit the effects of aging. Bring back Gary Baxter with two bionic knees.

Sign Derrick Anderson for the highest restricted free agent tender and let him lead us to the Superbowl.

Put Troy Smith in? :bag:

There is a reason why he is the 3rd string QB

Troy Smith may end up being a decent QB one day, but throwing him in, as a rookie, against teams like the Colts and Patriots and expecting anything good to happen is crazy.

Some of you guys really make one go :grbac:

McNair or Rolle will not be cut mid-season. Billick will most likely not be fired one year into a 4 year extension. And Marty Freaking Schottenheimer? Are you kidding me? Billick has enough trouble winning playoff games without getting into Martyball.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    And Marty Freaking Schottenheimer? Are you kidding me? Billick has enough trouble winning playoff games without getting into Martyball.
    Not to appear too gloomy, but, given the teams' performance all season and especially the two MNF games: will we ever see playoffs again with Brian Billick coaching? Even if Marty folds at playoff time, I'd rather see the Ravens as a contender than a bottom-feeder.;)
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Some of you guys really make one go :grbac:

McNair or Rolle will not be cut mid-season. Billick will most likely not be fired one year into a 4 year extension. And Marty Freaking Schottenheimer? Are you kidding me? Billick has enough trouble winning playoff games without getting into Martyball.
    I agree with you except with Billick.

Coaches get canned all the time in the NFL mid-contract. Since their salary doesnt fall within the cap, all it takes is an owner willing to pull the trigger. Some, but not all coaches have performance clauses. Meaning, if the owner deems its prudent, the coach can be fired for performance and no more pay out of the contract is honored. I dont know the details of Billick's contract other than the amount and length.

Now, will that happen here? Who knows? This will be Bisciotti's first test.