Baltimore doesn't have the best D either

Obviously, the Bears are better. They're allowing 7.2 points per game. But the Broncos have to be put up there as well, they've allowed just 7.4 points per game and only one touchdown all season, and that touchdown came with 5 mins to go in the 4th quarter after they were already up 17-0 on the Pats @ Gillette. San Diego is giving up fewer yards than any team in the NFL, but they're giving up points too (the 49ers scored 19 on them in the 1st half). I'd rank us ahead of SD, but I definitely give the edge to Chicago and Denver right now, especially after our secondary got lit up like a Christmas tree at home. We're probably the 3rd best defense in the business right about now.

Re: Baltimore doesn't have the best D either

Yeah, I don't know how we can consider ourselves a elite defense, when the Ravens can't get a third down stop.

After the Panthers game, I don't know if I'd put us in the top five. Great defenses don't allow multiple long drives and 350+ passing yards. Chicago, Denver, and San Diego have all been more impressive so far; New England and Jacksonville can make a pretty good case too. Teams should not be able to pick us apart through the air so easily. Ed Reed has been a distant memory this year, and Samari Rolle is starting to look like he doesn't have the speed to be a solid corner any more. I fully understand putting McAlister on Keyshawn and matching size with size, but that should have guaranteed that Ed Reed helped on Steve Smith every single play. It didn't happen.

I've watched every Ravens and Chargers game and the Chargers are better especially getting after the QB and stopping the run.

not even close to the Bears yet. Even the Panthers radio team said the fans of baltimore arent used to their defense getting slap . They needed this to bring them back alittle
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

& these guys were miffed after the Denver game that the Broncos were mocking the Ravens supposed "Elite D". They went out & showed everyone what the Broncos were saying wasn't that far off. The Panthers were the worst team in the NFL on 3rd down conversions at 18% & wound up around 60% for the game including 5 of the 1st 7 attempts. They couldn't get off the field.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

We don't need to be the absolute best defense to win, so that really isn't a concern. We do have to do a better job of knocking the QB on his ass though... Very lackluster rush yesterday lead to our secondary being barbequed all day.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    We don't need to be the absolute best defense to win, so that really isn't a concern. We do have to do a better job of knocking the QB on his ass though... Very lackluster rush yesterday lead to our secondary being barbequed all day.
    The 2 adjustments teams have made after all the sacks we got the first 3 weeks is to have designed rollouts and max protect on 3rd down. It seemed every time Car maxed protected we rushed only 4 guys!? And Mikey Bag of Donuts is right for once we do need Suggs and Pryce to step it up against the better teams or this D will be a top 10 D but not an elite one.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.