Salary Cap Problems

I know everyone wants changes, but what are the implications if we get rid of the following players:

Steve McNair
    Samari Rolle
    Jonathan Ogden
    Other Over Age 30 Players

I am not a salary cap person, but it seems to me that we have a lot of veterans with some very long contracts.

We may be limited in overhauling the team because of the cap.

I know the coach is not part of the salary cap, but how willing would the owner be to fire a coach with a $20M contract and 3 years left?

Re: Salary Cap Problems

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    I know the coach is not part of the salary cap, but how willing would the owner be to fire a coach with a $20M contract and 3 years left?
    I have read on profootballtalk.com that there is a rift developing between Ozzie & BB. This item also said that Biscotti was willing to let BB coach thru 07 & 08. But maybe not if the rift or team didn't improve. We shall see what he has the stomach for.

Good points on the cap situation. I think JO's contract is up after 08, so he wouldn't be a cap problem. His contract was restructed before the season started I believe. McNair's contract might be a bit to swallow. Wasn't it a 5 year deal for $30-$33M w/ $20M guarenteed or payable in the 1st 3 years. Wasn't his bonus last year $11M? I'm not sure how much more bonus/guarenteed $ is in the contract. But if they cut him/he retires, all that $ that has been prorated over the life of the contract will be accelerated.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!