Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Stat comparison updated, 2006 QBs only

I am not trying to argue that the ball was not on target or if it was a good pass. It was, but the pass was defended and tipped in the air. A tipped pass is a tipped pass regardless of whether it happens at the LOS or anywhere else on the field. At that point, it becomes something else outside the scope of the original design, a broken play.
    I eluded to this with my response to PP. I think we're talking about two different aspects of the same thing.

Bottom line for me is that so far...they both suck. We need better QB play, regardless of who is taking the snaps. However there are those here who would have you believe that KB enjoyed some kind of break out game on Sunday...or at least that his play was good enough to unseat the current starter. IMO that is not the case, and I believe that the numbers support my opinion.
    Honestly, I don't agree about the numbers part. If we're talking about statistical numbers, right now KB is the better option across the board numerically.

THAT SAID

I have no desire to bench McNair at this point. There are others, some who I actually didn't expect to see, calling for Boller to start. I'm not in that group. McNair has to get better. I supported Boller starting before McNair arrived, but McNair is here and he has to remain the starter. And every week I will sit in my seat or on the couch and hope he turns the offense around. That's just the way it is.

Besides, I've said a couple times Boller's future isn't here. I would be suprised as anyone if he entertains the idea of resigning here when he could head to KC or Minnesota or someplace with an aging QB and get a shot at a starting job. Behind Kansas City's line, he could be successful. With our line, no QB will be successful.

In my mind it is similar to dropping the highest and lowest scores on a series of tests. By doing so your data is more representative of the expected average results.
    We can disagree to an extent, but I respect that.

Re: Stat comparison updated, 2006 QBs only

at least that his play was good enough to unseat the current starter. IMO that is not the case, and I believe that the numbers support my opinion.
    I was with you all the way up to that statement. How can the numbers of the most recent (the last four games) for each guy support your case? Kyle is looking like he's is (finally) getting it with three of four games rated over 97, while Mcnair looks to be in a free fall.