Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: To All Raven Fans

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    I am taking my 9 year old son with me this Sunday, & while he hasa been to games with me over the years, this is his 1st this year as his fall baseball league just ended. He has never been to a game that will be like this Sunday, where the fans are doing the things that are being threatend by some. He will wonder why we are booing the Ravens & why people would do that to their team. That will be fun explaining to him about why that stuff will be happening. As I said on another post yesterday, my team win or lose. The only way anyone is getting my tickets is when I die. Yes I'm pissed & mad as hell, but, this is my team & I will never boo my team. Just like I will never leave a game until it's over, no matter the score, anyone remember the Seattle game? I think there was only about 10,000 of us left at the end. You ride the highs with your team when they're good & you have to take the lows. You my not like it, who does, but we're not going to win every year, but they will be our team every year. Get behind our Ravens & let them know we are with them Sunday. Come on Sunday!!! GO RAVENS
    Booing or voicing your displeasure doesnt mean you've given up on your team,

It's about venting, thats all. Some people handle periods of being down differently than others. Some people, myself included, need to vent or else I get downright nasty.

I dont think anyone here is talking about giving up their seats, giving up on the team, etc. But to criticize and say one version of reacting to yesterdays events is better than the other is no good either.

Great post Sports Steve. Mr. T and others.

This Sunday i think I'll do the same thing i've been doing for the last 10 years: lead about a thousand Real Fans in R-A-V-E-N-S cheers after every score (and yes... we'll score). It might not be very loud at first, but it'll grow. we've been doing it so long in that section nobody will give me any shit either. i guess there's alot of fans there who realize that we've done pretty darn good for most of the last 7-8 years and that these things run in cycles. You gotta take the good with the bad - like being there for '96-'98, waiting for a glimmer of hope in '99, then finally getting our just deserts in 2000. Nah, i won't boo, i'll be patient and lead cheers. If you want to boo i suppose it's your right. i can't blame you for being pissed. Last nights game got my dander up too. Just realize that booing does absolutely nothing but fire up the Bengals.

Now as far as wearing a bag over your head i look at it this way. If you want to be that much of an idiot, i'll be happy to take a shit in it, light it on fire and ring the doorbell for ya!
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Last night was the absolute pits, but I'm going to be at M&T on Sunday, and I'll be screaming my head off and doing my best to cheer our team on. As Mista T says, booing our own team in our own house only gives cheer to the Bengals.

:bag:
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

on one hand, there is a cyclical nature of sports. This year they spank us; last year we spanked them (twice); they got us a few years ago; eventually we'll spank them again.
    and I agree wi Raven Nurse; let's let Neuheisel run the O for a while.
    bags are fine for 1-7 teams; we're 4-4 (with a 1-7 offense). maybe we wear the bags when the O is on the field.
    despite inuries, I seriously, seriously doubt Coach Billick is back unless the team wins 9 and makes the playoffs...which isn't likely.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)