Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 76
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,294

    Re: To All Raven Fans



    Im sorry but this "happy we have a team thing" is crap.

    So let me get this straight, if you have a child who is misbehaving, you should just sit back, be quiet about your displeasure and just be happy you have a kid???

    Or maybe you have a job and your boss treats you like dirt. By some posters logic, you should keep your pie hole shut and just be happy you have a job, too.

    How about you're at your favorite restaurant and the meal you've been looking forward to all day comes out cold and nasty. So I should keep my trap shut, be thankful that I at least have some food, smile and pretend like nothing is wrong.

    Maybe some people dont feel the need to demand excellence in their lives, but I will tell you there is one guy here who does .... THIS GUY!

    As a PSL owner, I am emotionally AND financially invested in this team. If the team I love and care about is acting in a manner I dont approve of, I have a right ... no, a DUTY .... to voice my displeasure (respectfully, but bluntly)!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  2. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bel Air, MD
    Posts
    1,146

    Re: To All Raven Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    No, our fans should not act like that at all. It only gives opposing fans more reason to get on us. We need to keep our tickets, keep there fans out of our stadium and cheer on our team. Stop acting like idiots and be happy we have a team. Booing and wearing bags is for idiots.
    Agree, but there will be plenty of assholes who feel like it is their right to be assholes. While I can't tell these people how to act, maybe they can remember what they did on all those autumn Sunday afternoons from 84-95 to realize what they have now. Many of them weren't probably around from 96-98 either as it was a hard core group of fans those early years.


    My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

    Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!




  3. #39

    Re: To All Raven Fans

    So Rv52 are you calling me a bandwagon fan? I fail to see how my previous post would make you put me in that category.

    FM




  4. #40

    Re: To All Raven Fans

    If I were at a game I doubt I would boo a player...maybe Billick. But I would never chastise a fan for booing. They pay good money to see their team play and 100% have the right to express displeasure if they feel like it. If a player can't take it then find a new career.

    FM




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Owings Mills
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: To All Raven Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    If I were at a game I doubt I would boo a player...maybe Billick. But I would never chastise a fan for booing. They pay good money to see their team play and 100% have the right to express displeasure if they feel like it. If a player can't take it then find a new career.

    FM

    I agree to an extent. But here is my problem, our D is giving it a 100%, you can say anything you want but any team missing both starting CB is going to have trouble. Our O is were the blame is to be held. But do not go to the stadium wearing bags that is just plain stupid. That is my whole point. Booing can be fine if they play like shit but not as soon as they come in. We are still a 500 team, and we need to stand by our team. That is all I am saying
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

    Section 126, Row 33




    Lets Go Flacco




  6. #42

    Re: To All Raven Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Im sorry but this "happy we have a team thing" is crap.

    So let me get this straight, if you have a child who is misbehaving, you should just sit back, be quiet about your displeasure and just be happy you have a kid???

    Or maybe you have a job and your boss treats you like dirt. By some posters logic, you should keep your pie hole shut and just be happy you have a job, too.

    How about you're at your favorite restaurant and the meal you've been looking forward to all day comes out cold and nasty. So I should keep my trap shut, be thankful that I at least have some food, smile and pretend like nothing is wrong.

    Maybe some people dont feel the need to demand excellence in their lives, but I will tell you there is one guy here who does .... THIS GUY!

    As a PSL owner, I am emotionally AND financially invested in this team. If the team I love and care about is acting in a manner I dont approve of, I have a right ... no, a DUTY .... to voice my displeasure (respectfully, but bluntly)!
    Sure you can voice your displeasure!!! We're all doing it right now on this board. Call a radio show. Send the team an email. Write a letter to the Sun.

    Then go out on Sunday and scream your ass off, but don't boo!!

    Booing the home team is counterproductive. The players and coaches know how pissed the fan base is, how can they not know?

    Booing just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. There are lots of other ways to voice your opinion.




  7. #43

    Re: To All Raven Fans

    Although I am not much for booing, especially my own team, I can see why some would want to do that after this game. Not because they got blown out, but because of the perception (which apparently is reality) that some of the Ravens were acting like they didn't really care (see the "Jeff Blake Redux" thread). I wouldn't boo them for losing, but if some of the players were laughing it up after the game, acting like getting your ass handed to you on MNF was no big deal, that's something I'd consider booing. If we care more than they do, that's something I'd have a problem with.




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,294

    Re: To All Raven Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Pat McGroin View Post
    Sure you can voice your displeasure!!! We're all doing it right now on this board. Call a radio show. Send the team an email. Write a letter to the Sun.

    Then go out on Sunday and scream your ass off, but don't boo!!

    Booing the home team is counterproductive. The players and coaches know how pissed the fan base is, how can they not know?

    Booing just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. There are lots of other ways to voice your opinion.
    I see your point and agree to extent.

    But if they announce Brians name next weekend, this guy is booing!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: To All Raven Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Im sorry but this "happy we have a team thing" is crap.

    So let me get this straight, if you have a child who is misbehaving, you should just sit back, be quiet about your displeasure and just be happy you have a kid???
    No I would wear a bag on my head when I am around him and boo him and chastise him everytime he fucks up.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Or maybe you have a job and your boss treats you like dirt. By some posters logic, you should keep your pie hole shut and just be happy you have a job, too.
    No I would wear a bag on my head when at work and boo and chastise him everytime he walks into my office.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    How about you're at your favorite restaurant and the meal you've been looking forward to all day comes out cold and nasty. So I should keep my trap shut, be thankful that I at least have some food, smile and pretend like nothing is wrong.
    No I would put a bag on my head and boo and chastise everytime a waiter walks out of the kitchen.


    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Maybe some people dont feel the need to demand excellence in their lives, but I will tell you there is one guy here who does .... THIS GUY!

    As a PSL owner, I am emotionally AND financially invested in this team. If the team I love and care about is acting in a manner I dont approve of, I have a right ... no, a DUTY .... to voice my displeasure (respectfully, but bluntly)!

    So wear a bag then and boo and chastise them after every play. I don't think anyone is avoiding voicing displeasure in this forum...the question is do you boo and chastise and wear bags on your head next Sunday at 4:00








  10. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,294

    Re: To All Raven Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    So wear a bag then and boo and chastise them after every play. I don't think anyone is avoiding voicing displeasure in this forum...the question is do you boo and chastise and wear bags on your head next Sunday at 4:00
    I wouldnt, no. But if someone wants to, go for it. Expression is acceptable in many forms. If Brian is announced individualy, I will boo -- no doubt in my mind about that one. I was more taking issues with the people saying "be happy we at least have a team".

    When I hear that phrase I get a strong desire to slap them in the face with a dead fish. Mediocrity is nothing to strive for!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #47

    Re: To All Raven Fans

    Cheer. Don't cheer.
    They paid for the ticket.
    They can do what they want.




  12. #48

    Re: To All Raven Fans

    I will NEVER boo my Ravens.

    I lovem too much. Just as I would never boo my country!

    It's one thing to be frustrated, but another thing completely to badmouth your team...

    It makes you no better than Tony Kornholer, who seemed to get a thrill out of dissing us last night...




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland