Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: To All Raven Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    My comments weren't addressed to you, purplepoe. Just been seeing a lot of people who are normally so-called die hard fans tell me that they are now done with the team. When I tell them I am going to the game next week, I hear "why do you want to waste money on them". Because I'm a fan. I was out there on Christmas night screaming my head off 2 years ago when we were 5-9 and out of the playoffs.
    Gotcha.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Having the right to boo your home team is like having the right to poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Well said Sports Steve.

Booing after they laid a stinker is cheap and easy, and not helpful to anyone but the visiting team. Go ahead and do it, while you're at it, poke yourself in the eye with a stick.
    Sorry Festivus, but I gotta disagree.

This team has poked my eye for 10 weeks now.

You think they care if we boo? Please. They don't care about the everyman paying money to see them make millions.

If I thought this team was playing hard and giving their all, I wouldn't think of booing.

But they aren't. And that's very apparent to me.

PP

I will be there rain or shine, snow and ice. I plan on enjoying myself win or lose because I paid hard earned money to see a football game. I am not wearing a bag, because I am not ashamed. I did not play lousy the other night. The players and coaches should be ashamed of themselves, laying the eggs on the field. They owe the fans of Baltimore a hard fought game on Sunday and if not, they should wear bags, not us.

The Ravens are my team through thick and thin, but there are times when you get so PO'd you can't even express it. I'm at that point now.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

I'm not leaving the Ravens. I hope Brian Billick does.

I wish the team the best, there are some great players on the roster, but Billick, McNair, and most of the offensive staff need to go period.

Thumbs down Re: To All Raven Fans

Booing your own team is what I would expect from trashy fans. Of course, given the fan base that cheers its own QB's injury , I fully expect to hear boos reigning down at player intros (especially if McNair is introduced), and when the inevitable 3 & outs after the 2 yard passes when we need 6. How can anyone criticize Philly and DC fans when we live in a glass house?

I'm pissed. At a front office that could have gotten Drew Bress for not much more cap impact that the washed up weak armed McNair, and which failed to obtain a decent nickel back. At Billick's playcalling and arrogance in announcing his starting QB on the heels of the Ravens worst ever performance by a QB (at least the 2nd worse: the Cincy opener). At the player's yukking it up on the sidelines and celebrating tackles when down by 5 scores.

But booing? What does that accomplish? Bisciotti doesn't need to hear it -- he knows what the fans are saying, he's pissed off himself, and will make changes sooner or later. Does anyone think that will help motivate our guys to play harder, better? Does anyone think that the millionaire players and coaches give a shit?

Please don't boo .. it would just help the Bengals.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

After that steamer the Ravens laid last night, I'm guessing the players get introduced as a team, no individual intros on Sunday.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

yea, I'm po'd right now, real po'd at the front office, the players, the coaches. I'm venting big-time. But come Sunday, I'll be there just like I was back in 1983, wearing my colors and enjoying the time with my son and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Booing your own team is what I would expect from trashy fans. Of course, given the fan base that cheers its own QB's injury , I fully expect to hear boos reigning down at player intros (especially if McNair is introduced), and when the inevitable 3 & outs after the 2 yard passes when we need 6. How can anyone criticize Philly and DC fans when we live in a glass house?

I'm pissed. At a front office that could have gotten Drew Bress for not much more cap impact that the washed up weak armed McNair, and which failed to obtain a decent nickel back. At Billick's playcalling and arrogance in announcing his starting QB on the heels of the Ravens worst ever performance by a QB (at least the 2nd worse: the Cincy opener). At the player's yukking it up on the sidelines and celebrating tackles when down by 5 scores.

But booing? What does that accomplish? Bisciotti doesn't need to hear it -- he knows what the fans are saying, he's pissed off himself, and will make changes sooner or later. Does anyone think that will help motivate our guys to play harder, better? Does anyone think that the millionaire players and coaches give a shit?

Please don't boo .. it would just help the Bengals.
    Well said "T"

Mista T I thought of you this morning for your posts since last year, complaining about the money you've said was wasted in McNair. Good of you not to be gloating. . .

There were lots of problems last night on both sides of the ball. But lack of effort was not one of them.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I love the people who act like they know how to be better fans and tell other fans what they should and shouldn't do.

And no, I didn't cheer when Boller got hurt 2 years ago.

PP
    Last edited by purplepoe; 11-06-2007 at 10:43 AM.

If fans want to boo they have that right...they pay for the lavish lifestyles these players have. The person I would boo is Brian Billick....this guy is a farce and people are finally starting to see it now.

FM