Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: To All Raven Fans

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52
    It makes you no better than Tony Kornholer, who seemed to get a thrill out of dissing us last night...
    That guy sucks on MNF -- he makes these pompous opening statements that are apparently intended to be award winning meaningful material, then spends the rest of the game trying to be funny and usually ends up just being annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I wouldnt, no. But if someone wants to, go for it. Expression is acceptable in many forms. If Brian is announced individualy, I will boo -- no doubt in my mind about that one. I was more taking issues with the people saying "be happy we at least have a team".

When I hear that phrase I get a strong desire to slap them in the face with a dead fish. Mediocrity is nothing to strive for!

And I am a psl owner also. I feel the same way you do, but booing your own team and wearing bags on your heads is fucking stupid. Like i said before you can do that when your team has been bad for ever like the lions and saints. We have a 500 team here, and though unlikly we are not out of the playoffs yet. Booing and all that other shit is just going to give opoosing fans more ammo this year and next and for years to come, please be smart baltimore! Do you really want to be put in the same class as eagles fans, i know i don't want to be. Is all this really a surprise to anyone anyway. We picked up a QB that has had more injuries than our entire team combined. The funny thing here is that everyone wants to blame the D, but all the names that arebeing said for laughing on the sideline are on offense. By booing your own team you are only hurting your fans, the players and billick do not give a shit about us we are outsiders. They are not playing the game for us like we would like to think they are. I really don't want to have to hear about this from other fans for years to come, that is all we will hear this from not our players and you better beleive that!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTTRACK View Post
    Cheer. Don't cheer.
    They paid for the ticket.
    They can do what they want.
    Yes, they can say what they want there, just as we can say what we want here. Just because they *can* doesn't mean they *should* and there is NOTHING wrong with calling them out for booing the home team.

I paid money for my car, that doesn't mean I should be driving around the beltway 50 mph in the passing lane. And you can come here to this forum and complain about it when I do, and you'd be right.
    Last edited by festivus; 11-06-2007 at 04:39 PM. Reason: added quote, this thread is moving fast
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    It makes you no better than Tony Kornholer, who seemed to get a thrill out of dissing us last night...
    yea...what was up with that guy? What a dick.

Blog Entries

I agree with Sports Steve...as mad as I am at certain players and coaches right now, I still want the Ravens to fight on. Booing them is just going to turn them against Baltimore.

I have tickets to the Bengals game, which will be my first ever regular season game...On the one hand, I'm dreading seeing another blowout if we still don't have either of our starting CBs. But on the other hand, I can't wait to get in that stadium and cheer with my fellow fans for my Ravens.

just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    yea...what was up with that guy? What a dick.
    Um were you watching the game? We deserved to get dissed. Even hard nosed ex-players were dissing us!

We not only laid a huge steaming pile, we did it in front of about 2 dozen HoFer's and a national TV audience. Oh, and let me not forget our trash talking to their sidelines when the game was out of reach.

I feel you about Tony -- he is an abortion of an announcer. But sometimes even turds like him get it right and we deserved his comments last night.

I agree (and I think we probably all agree) that we deserved to be dissed, but that's a separate issue from the fact/opinion that Kornhole sucks on MNF most of the time, and his snippy criticisms are not like hearing us getting ripped by Dikta or Jaws or somebody with some credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I agree (and I think we probably all agree) that we deserved to be dissed, but that's a separate issue from the fact/opinion that Kornhole sucks on MNF most of the time, and his snippy criticisms are not like hearing us getting ripped by Dikta or Jaws or somebody with some credibility.
    he was dissing the Ravens before it really got bad...he seemed to have an agenda early on and got carried away with it as things really turned bad. He is a kornhole.

he was dissing the Ravens before it really got bad...he seemed to have an agenda early on and got carried away with it as things really turned bad. He is a kornhole.

That is because he has always hated Billick. Anytime you watch PTI over the past couple of years he has never had a good thing to say about him, not that I blame him :)
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

It went along with the whole ESPN Steeler Ass-Kiss Fest that was the theme of the evening from about an hour before kickoff on.

Sorry but I could have done without the closeup shots of Hines Ward's nasty ass feet getting a pedicure.

Should people drink beer before or during the game? If so how many?

Shorttrack, when you are booing *our* team, you are booing *my* team, so I can write here that I don't like it. Call me judgemental, I don't care, I'm standing up for *my* team. Pay for a seat on the boat, it doesn't mean I want you drilling a hole through the hull underneath.

You want to say everyone here is on a soap box, I have news for you. You are on one too.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.