Page 1 of 84 123 ... LastLast

Coaching Carousel

How are the new Head Coaches doing? Which assistants are being buzzed about getting promoted? How long before anyone gets canned, and who?

2015 new hires:
    Atlanta: Dan Quinn. 3-0. sure looks like a good hire now. was Mike Smith that bad, or did they add a bunch of new talent? With Romo out there's definitely a WC possibility in the NFC.

Bills: Rex. 2-1. seems to have revitalized the Beefalo. if Tyrod can play any kind of qb--and his is so far--they are definite playoff contenders.

Raidas: Jack Del Rio. another with Raven connections. Derek Carr looks like he might be the next big-time qb. future looking better on this side of the bay.

Da Bears: John Fox. this team sinks or swims with the erratic Jay Cutler, and the Chi-town D needs some work. I don't envy the man.

Jets: Todd Bowles. I'd never heard of him. they look much better. Jets firing Rex could be a win-win.

Bronx: Gary Kubiak. Great hire so far. maybe his best move was bringing Wade Wilson in to make a good defense even better. Thing is, no one has faith in Peyton in January. (Ravens sure miss Kubes.)

49ers: Jim Tomsula. Good first game. All the media says their talent is down. Doesn't look like Kapernick is the carry-the-load type. San Fran could get worse before getting better.

thots?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Re: Coaching Carousel

There's already talk of coaches getting dumped, not even four games in.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonyd...be-fired-soon/
    1) Philbin, Dolphins
    2) Chip Kelly, Iggles
    3) Gus Bradley, Jags
    4) Mike Pettine, Cleveland
    5) Sean Payton, NO
    also Pags in Indi.

I think Payton is definitely vulnerable. they haven't won for a few years and the Brees era might be about over.
    Ditto Chip Kelly. He made a lot of changes and it's definitely *his* team, win or lose.

Lots of grumbling in Miami
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-loses-to-jets
    The Miami Dolphins are considering shaking up their coaching staff if the team loses to the New York Jets this weekend in London, multiple sources have confirmed to NFL Media.

"If the team loses three in a row, don't be shocked if someone on that coaching staff gets fired," one well-placed source said.

International Series

"A season that began with optimism in Miami has quickly become disappointing as we near the quarter-point. Multiple sources inside and around the franchise indicate there is widespread frustration among the players with certain members of the coaching staff. A meaningful portion of that discontent stems from -- what some players believe to be -- flawed offensive and defensive play-calling."
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Question; whom do we think could step in and HC an NFL team now?

Mike Shanahan maybe?
    Billick and Gruden are still doing tv. anyone wonder if they'd come back?

Blog Entries

Shanahan is still interested in a HC job somewhere. Supposedly, he was in the running for the Niners gig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Shanahan is past his time as a Head Coach.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Shanahan is past his time as a Head Coach.
    Doesn't mean he won't draw interest.

Blog Entries

I could see Nick Saban getting some interest as well. Alabama not as mighty as they once were, the Big10 is getting a lot better, and I could see a team like Cleveland giving him full control.

Adam Schefter
    3 mins ·

As of last night, the Dolphins were preparing to fire head coach Joe Philbin, per league sources. Dolphins owner Stephen Ross always could change his mind, but the organization was preparing to make a move as soon as today, per sources. Should Ross follow through with his plan, Dolphins tight ends coach Dan Campbell would be the leading candidate to become the interim head coach and replace Philbin.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
    Dolphins officially have fired Joe Philbin, as Sun-Sentinel reported.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Adam Schefter
    3 mins ·

As of last night, the Dolphins were preparing to fire head coach Joe Philbin, per league sources. Dolphins owner Stephen Ross always could change his mind, but the organization was preparing to make a move as soon as today, per sources. Should Ross follow through with his plan, Dolphins tight ends coach Dan Campbell would be the leading candidate to become the interim head coach and replace Philbin.
    Wow promoting the TE coach over any of the coordinators? That wouldn't make me feel to safe as a coordinator either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    Wow promoting the TE coach over any of the coordinators? That wouldn't make me feel to safe as a coordinator either.
    Nor should they. A lot of speculation that one or both of them might be fired instead of Philbin. I guess you can't fire everybody :)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

yet another mid-season firing

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!