Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: OBJ Vs Norman

Re: OBJ Vs Norman

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I disagree. He very clearly led with the crown of his helmet and aimed for Norman's helmet.

He could have really injured Norman (and himself). That's taking it too far.

The suspension is well deserved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You could be right. To me it looked like Norman slowed up while OBJ was running full tilt and OBJ lunges towards his body, which gave me the impression he wasn't aiming for his head.

With OBJ coming full tilt he wouldn't have been able to judge Norman slowing up so when he lunges back towards his body which it looks to me like he did I thought he was looking to hit his shoulder or else he wouldn't have aimed so far back towards his body.

With these types of hits (pretty much any "dirty" hit in the NHL) it's so hard to tell. But typically the end result is all that matters and he made head contact. Definitely got the right call. Honestly I think it should have gotten more than a game. I think that could have been a lot worst
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UtBETkzoW0

This is a good recap of the back and forward all game.

They were both doing it, but OBJ was worst IMO. The grabbing his leg after Norman tackled him is a good example. Norman tackles him, starts walking away and OBJ starts soemthing. That to me is being a little b****
    Honestly other then the helmet to helmet shot I don't mind seeing two great talents go at it like this. It's exciting I loved getting the updates on bleacher report and seeing the clips.
    The helmet to helmet was a bitch move and I think he clearly was going for the knockout and missed which makes him look even worse.
    But if you watch around the league there are players going for the knockout each week. This one is just so much more obvious because of the battle these two had going.
    Idk OBJ as a person but it sure seemed like he didn't have anyone taking his back or stepping up to talk to him and let him know he wasn't alone.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Honestly other then the helmet to helmet shot I don't mind seeing two great talents go at it like this. It's exciting I loved getting the updates on bleacher report and seeing the clips.
    The helmet to helmet was a bitch move and I think he clearly was going for the knockout and missed which makes him look even worse.
    But if you watch around the league there are players going for the knockout each week. This one is just so much more obvious because of the battle these two had going.
    Idk OBJ as a person but it sure seemed like he didn't have anyone taking his back or stepping up to talk to him and let him know he wasn't alone.

No I agree. Sorry I just read my initial post, I didn't clarify.

I think the big thing I got out of it was Norman and OBJ both played dirty, but OBJ took it too far. Norman had that hands to the face penalty he took to get a shot on OBJ. Again, not a good play, but he went straight at him and OBJ Could defend himself. OBJ decided to go for a blindside hit when the play was just about over.

Shows a huge difference in the two people. Norman played dirty but faced up to him when he did it. OBJ decided to do it when Norman's back was turned.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    No I agree. Sorry I just read my initial post, I didn't clarify.

I think the big thing I got out of it was Norman and OBJ both played dirty, but OBJ took it too far. Norman had that hands to the face penalty he took to get a shot on OBJ. Again, not a good play, but he went straight at him and OBJ Could defend himself. OBJ decided to go for a blindside hit when the play was just about over.

Shows a huge difference in the two people. Norman played dirty but faced up to him when he did it. OBJ decided to do it when Norman's back was turned.
    Is it wrong that I some how some way hope they can meet in the playoffs? Lol.

Blog Entries

I agree with OBJ was wrong but I'm not so sure I am totally against him on this. I guess an ejection for him wouldn't have been to bad but I didn't see anything that Norman should have been ejected unless the rumors were true of him trying to provoke him. Still that doesn't result in an ejection in my opinion.
    Did you see the helmet to helmet shot the Steelers lineman laid on a Denver player? To me that is in the same boat as this hit. He was clearly trying to blow someone up.

As soon as I saw that play, I said its the same thing but at least he hit him from where he could see him. Really not much of a difference and just a slight tick less dirty imo. still completely unnecessary.
    -JAB

Is it wrong that I some how some way hope they can meet in the playoffs? Lol.

That would be unreal!!

I love when it carries over throughout the season. The NFL doesn't get as much obviously as other leagues with this kind of stuff given the scheduling differences. But I love it. Seeing a heated player rivalry continue.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

NFL should have told Beckham he was done for the season. The refs should have thrown him out of the game. Is the NFL serious about player safety or not???? They'll fine a guy and give him a personal foul for an accidental hit on the QB in the heat of battle. This was intentional head hunting to hurt the guy.

Panthers got into his head because of ODB 's digital reputation. In this case Norman and company used cultural innuendo to completely take dude off his game

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I kind of like ODB too but man he must have some thin skin if he let the Panther guy get to him on that level. I mean heres the best player by far on his team and fighting tooth and nail for a postseason spot..... and hes out here spearing dudes blatantly like Brandon Mayweather or something? (As a WR no less!)

I understand words can cut deep (and apparently that dudes a real trash talker) but ODB cant cross the line like that especially in this NFL era.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I think the NFL saw it the way you did. OBJ suspended.
    The Zebras should have been the one's to see it and eject OBJ from the game. That they didn't is on the NFL and the horrid state of the officials.

Blog Entries

I don't recall any precedence for a case like this but his appeal should be heard by tomorrow. I still say it's very likely he wins and just pays a fine, especially when you consider the bat and the alleged slurs. It's not like this is the first time guys have gone at each other and even launched.

Also, the league will probably mandate that no props are used on the field anymore. No bats, hammers, axes whatever.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I don't recall any precedence for a case like this but his appeal should be heard by tomorrow. I still say it's very likely he wins and just pays a fine, especially when you consider the bat and the alleged slurs. It's not like this is the first time guys have gone at each other and even launched.

Also, the league will probably mandate that no props are used on the field anymore. No bats, hammers, axes whatever.
    The hit the Steelers lineman should result in suspension too. Idk if you seen it but he was clearly head hunting.