Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake Punt

Fake Punt

I think it was one of the worst play calls in our 20 year history

4th and 9 from approx. the 15 yard line

What the hell..................:insane:

Re: Fake Punt

I agree the risk wasn't worth the reward. If it worked they still had 75 yards to go for a TD and 40 for a FG attempt. That play should have been saved for later in the game when they wound up punting on 4th down from the Chief's 40 yard line.

then for Harbaugh to say it was 21-7 at the time is a real head scratcher ---------- THAT play made it 21-7 by turning the ball over !

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    I can think of a few other plays which, as executed, were as bad or worse, but I can't think of a worse play called in our history. Has Harbaugh lost his marbles?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I can think of a few other plays which, as executed, were as bad or worse, but I can't think of a worse play called in our history. Has Harbaugh lost his marbles?
    agreed. I don't think he needs to be fired and hopefully he can turn things around next year BUT he has acted and said some very crazy odd things this year

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post

4th and 9 from approx. the 15 yard line

What the hell..................:insane:

Gotta admit that that gives it the element of surprise though. Hell, we're 4-9 and looking rough against good competition. Why not try some wacky shit. It's actually kinda entertaining.

The tank is in full effect!! Bs call that guarantee win for Chiefs. It was a favor for Andy.

Blog Entries

Then when they had 4th and long on the short end of the field, they punt. Just a head scratcher all around.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

This has been much discussed in the King Harbaugh thread, but it probably deserves its own thread.

I actually liked the call. The message was, "We aren't winning with conventional methods, so we are going to try anything and everything to win a game that we realistically have no chance of winning."

I don't know if the players took it that way. It was a weakness they saw in one of the Chiefs' alignments. He felt like they could make it; they didn't. If they had, you continue a drive, maybe give your team a spark. At the very least, you're telling your players that you're doing everything you can possibly do to win a game.

I don't see it as a bad thing.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    This has been much discussed in the King Harbaugh thread, but it probably deserves its own thread.

I actually liked the call. The message was, "We aren't winning with conventional methods, so we are going to try anything and everything to win a game that we realistically have no chance of winning."

I don't know if the players took it that way. It was a weakness they saw in one of the Chiefs' alignments. He felt like they could make it; they didn't. If they had, you continue a drive, maybe give your team a spark. At the very least, you're telling your players that you're doing everything you can possibly do to win a game.

I don't see it as a bad thing.
    By turning it over down at that end of the field, KC scored two plays later. After they'd already given them a TD with the fumble return. That doesn't send a message of doing everything to win IMO. Just the opposite.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

He's been pulling out all the stops since the season is done and all they have to play for is pride. He obviously went too far to the extreme on that one, but it is what it is, a "why the hell not" move in a lost season. If it works, great. If not, what have you really lost?
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

For everybody asking why they would run the fake from that deep in their territory and not midfield... When a team defends a punt in short yardage or midfield situations they are on high alert for fakes and play to defend them.