Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can Take this as a Positive if You Like

The bulk of the Ravens played very well defensively tonight. To recount:

1. Ngata had another terrific game against the run as did Gregg and Bannan
    2. Reed had a pick
    3. Suggs had his best game of the year with 11 tackles, a sack, and 3 QH's
    4. Despite his costly missed sack, Pryce got terrific pressure, making the entire pass rush better as hoped.
    5. For the first time this year, the Ravens got good pressure up the middle.
    6. Gerome Sapp looked good rushing the passer
    7. The Steelers had just 90 rushing yards on 39 carries, 2.3 per rush.

But...
    1. The Ravens allowed starting field position which would have allowed the '76 Bucs to beat them
    2. Every time he threw, Ben burnt one of our 3 outmatched corners (Martin, Pittman, Ivy)

While the offense clearly took 2 or 3 steps back in terms of expectation for the remainder of this season, I'd say the Ravens defense played much better than could have been hoped given the circumstances.

2. Re: You can Take this as a Positive if You Like

I'm sick and tired of the dancing and prancing after a tackle when the team is behind by 35 freaking points.

Re: You can Take this as a Positive if You Like

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    I'm sick and tired of the dancing and prancing after a tackle when the team is behind by 35 freaking points.
    Amen!!! This team had their asses handed to them and yet they still want to swagger.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

the worst thing is, what can we do about the CB situation? NOTHING!

Rolle can't be depended on to be healthy...whatever illness he has, it's obviously lingering and to be honest, I expect him to remain out the rest of the year, at this pace.

McAllister, unless he was really telling the truth that his knee/ankle is feeling better, would be shut down for the year any other time. But if Rolle is out, even if we're writing this year off, seems like a stretch.

Basically, the Ravens were dumb enough to go with backups that we knew were extremely liable if they had to come in and start. Ivy is a decent guy to spell a starter, but he doesn't look like a guy to go out there and replace a starter. Martin has shown good potential before, but it seems like he was just lost out there. Pittman, we should've given up on long ago. Where was Ronnie Prude in all this?

Granted, it's a stretch to ask the Ravens to have potential starters as backups, but our CB depth is being exposed now, and at year's end, I think we need to find Rolle's replacement. If we're writing this year off, I guess you leave Martin and Pittman out there, let them get burned a few times, and see if they respond to the challenge, but on the other hand, I can't watch games like this. Even if we have a losing record, we need to play for respect, and last night's game just made us the laughing stock of the NFL. Can you imagine what the Patriots would've done to us last night? I literally had a nightmare last night where I woke up today and the score, no joke, was 69-31, Steelers...I think the Patriots would've gotten the 69, but no way would we have come back to that 31 point mark.

There is NO positives from the game.

The season is over. The team looks so unprepared and they have not played not one decent game since we beat Pittsburgh last year Christmas Eve.

I don't know what is wrong with this coaching staff, but except for Rex Ryan, I would clean house with this crew from Top to Bottom. Something must be going on behind closed doors between the front office and Billick. It might come out eventually, but this team needs an overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    The season is over. The team looks so unprepared and they have not played not one decent game since we beat Pittsburgh last year Christmas Eve.

I don't know what is wrong with this coaching staff, but except for Rex Ryan, I would clean house with this crew from Top to Bottom. Something must be going on behind closed doors between the front office and Billick. It might come out eventually, but this team needs an overhaul.

BINGO!!!!!!! Billicks playbook should be somewhere looking up at the USS Constellation. If he demands any offensive input at any time in the future he should be fired on the spot. I'm tired of the excuses from this guy.

This team looks lost out there not to mention unfocused and unprepared.

Yes, I agree! I've been a supporter of both Billick, and McNair up until now. But, as much as I respect McNair for his warrior mentality and his accomplishments over the years, his career is over. And Billick, he has to go simply because his teams fail to execute, and they lack the discipline required of a professional team - the Ravens continually stink up the airwaves with penalties and shoddy play. Maybe, they need some more rest, or, maybe, Billick worked them too hard this summer. Hell, even Mel Blount, during a sideline interview last night, said the Ravens were an embarassment!

Your assessment of our front 7 on defense is dead on!! Thanks for their Props as they are well deserved!

Stopping a great rushing team and putting the pressure on Ben should have won the game had our secondary and offensive turnovers been kept in control...

SHOULDA, WOULDA, COULDA.........DIDN'T!

I thought the Ravens defense played very well against the run, but it was wasted due to the turnovers and a depleted secondary. Having Pryce back helps a lot, but we won't go far with our backup corners starting.

Why does Rex Ryan get a pass?

He left those corners exposed all night and never adjusted.

We suck.

I was at the game and it was so bad that the Steeler fans were nice to us.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Why does Rex Ryan get a pass?

He left those corners exposed all night and never adjusted.
    Agreed. One of the worst defensive game plans I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post

I was at the game and it was so bad that the Steeler fans were nice to us.

PP
    You have my sincere sympathies. Between the weather and the game it must have been a hell of a bad night.